iPad 5 release date at WWDC 2013? launch immiment, features rumors include GF2 display technology
Apple's next generation tablet dubbed the iPad 5 is expected to be released imminently, according to the latest rumor mill surrounding the device.
Apple had released the iPad 4 in October, just six months after releasing the iPad 5, leading many to believe that the release of the iPad 5 should follow the same pattern as the year before. If that is the case, the iPad 5 is a month behind schedule, therefore should be launched very soon.
Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo had incorrectly predicted last year that the iPad 5 release date will be in early 2013 and that the device will possess a thinner and lighter frame.
AppleInsider reported that Kuo wrote to investors: "Though the iPad mini is expected to be successful, we think launching the lighter, thinner 9.7-inch iPad as quickly as possible matters more for Apple strategically."
However, despite Kuo's release date of the iPad 5 being incorrect, many believe that the next generation tablet will indeed be a thinner model.
Apple's Worldwide Developer's Conference (WWDC) is expected to take place next month and there is anticipation that the iPad 5 may be unveiled at the event. However, other rumors suggest that the release date will be pushed back to October 2013, one year after the launch of the latest model.
The iPad 5 is expected to come "GF DITO" touchscreen technology, or GF2. The GF2 display technology is already used in the iPad mini, which reduces the thickness and size of the tablet.
According to Tactus, the upcoming iPad5 is expected to be just 7.2mm thick. It is rumored to come with an 8MP rearfacing camera and be available in 4 storage options: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 review: an atheist's God from beyond the stars
- What did Jesus mean when he said 'I am the vine'?
- Five inspiring TED talks you should watch this weekend
- 'He gives wisdom to the wise': 11 Bible verses about leadership
- Christians aren't reading the Bible. Why not, and what can we do about it?
- Pope Francis: Lust for power is like drinking gin on an empty stomach
- Ever feel people don't like you? Maybe it's a spiritual gift
- The lamp on a stand: How Jesus' words in Luke 8 are a warning to the internet age
- Asperging the asparagus: Why the Church of England is being mercilessly mocked for its latest service of blessing
- What is the Coptic Orthodox Church? 6 things you should know
- Franklin Graham on Christian persecution: 'If we don't wake up, it will be too late'
- Russian who caught Pokemon in church faces long jail term
- Can Pope Francis do anything to help Egypt's Christians?
- Pope Francis: Lust for power is 'like drinking gin on an empty stomach'
- Trump says 'major, major' conflict with North Korea possible, but seeks diplomatic solution