Samsung Galaxy S5 release date delayed in U.S. ? Specs, features of next-gen smartphone
The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date may be delayed for multiple carriers due to a fire that broke out in its factory this weekend.
The fire reportedly lasted six to eight hours, causing billions of dollars worth of damages.
The fire was sparked Sunday which damaged crucial equipment in manufacturing components of the upcoming Galaxy S5 handsets.
Samsung is slated to release the Galaxy S5 smartphone across 150 countries on April 11. However, the latest incident may cause a delay for some carriers in certain regions. A specific U.S. release date for T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon have not been announced yet.
Customers purchasing an all new Galaxy S5 in the U.S. will receive $576 worth of freebies, including apps, subscriptions and more.
The Galaxy S5 is certified water and dirt resistant. It features a 5.1 inch super AMOLED HD display, 2800 mAh battery, 2.5 GHz quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, and runs on Android 4.4.2. New features also include a heart rate sensor and finger scanner.
The camera has been upgraded to a 16 megapixel camera with LED flash, which comes with a faster AF at just 0.3 seconds, improved HDR to enrich the tone, and selective focus options.
The casing remains plastic, but Samsung changed its back cover with a perforated dimpled design, which feels better to the touch than its previous smooth backcover.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- What did Jesus mean when he said 'I am the vine'?
- Five inspiring TED talks you should watch this weekend
- 'He gives wisdom to the wise': 11 Bible verses about leadership
- Christians aren't reading the Bible. Why not, and what can we do about it?
- Pope Francis: Lust for power is like drinking gin on an empty stomach
- Ever feel people don't like you? Maybe it's a spiritual gift
- The lamp on a stand: How Jesus' words in Luke 8 are a warning to the internet age
- Asperging the asparagus: Why the Church of England is being mercilessly mocked for its latest service of blessing
- World-changing faith: Seven leaders who won the prestigious Templeton Prize
- Pope Francis: Lust for power is 'like drinking gin on an empty stomach'
- Trump says 'major, major' conflict with North Korea possible, but seeks diplomatic solution
- It's official: Christians don't respond to persecution with violence
- The 'world's worst humanitarian crisis' is not Syria or Iraq. Why do we barely hear about it?
- In this square where heretics were sentenced to death by fire, the Bible is read out loud to mark the Reformation
- Saudi Arabia sentences man to death for atheism and blasphemy