Samsung Galaxy S5 release date delayed in U.S. ? Specs, features of next-gen smartphone
The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date may be delayed for multiple carriers due to a fire that broke out in its factory this weekend.
The fire reportedly lasted six to eight hours, causing billions of dollars worth of damages.
The fire was sparked Sunday which damaged crucial equipment in manufacturing components of the upcoming Galaxy S5 handsets.
Samsung is slated to release the Galaxy S5 smartphone across 150 countries on April 11. However, the latest incident may cause a delay for some carriers in certain regions. A specific U.S. release date for T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon have not been announced yet.
Customers purchasing an all new Galaxy S5 in the U.S. will receive $576 worth of freebies, including apps, subscriptions and more.
The Galaxy S5 is certified water and dirt resistant. It features a 5.1 inch super AMOLED HD display, 2800 mAh battery, 2.5 GHz quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, and runs on Android 4.4.2. New features also include a heart rate sensor and finger scanner.
The camera has been upgraded to a 16 megapixel camera with LED flash, which comes with a faster AF at just 0.3 seconds, improved HDR to enrich the tone, and selective focus options.
The casing remains plastic, but Samsung changed its back cover with a perforated dimpled design, which feels better to the touch than its previous smooth backcover.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Amazing Grace: 7 quotes from the slaver-turned-preacher John Newton
- WANTED: Christian coders, techies and creatives. The CofE is inviting you to its first 'digital lab'
- Already worrying about Halloween and 'trick-or-treat'? This Christian charity has answers
- Pioneer ministry: How a new generation of ministers is changing the face of mission
- How Christian and other faith communities are rebuilding trust in times of crisis
- Was Jesus an extremist? 1 in 5 Brits thinks so
- Is the sidelining of religion a root cause of our mental health crisis?
- O.J. Simpson says he wishes he had 'been a better Christian' as he's granted parole
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- World Church leaders offer prayers for 'just peace' in Jerusalem
- A boy wrote to Pope Francis inviting him on a pilgrimage for sick children. He received a remarkable reply
- Tearfund's research into the faith of refugees is showing how religion is part of the solution, not just part of the problem
- Israel says Jerusalem mosque metal detectors to stay after bloody Palestinian clash
- Iraqi forces claim to have captured 16-year-old girl who ran away from Germany to marry ISIS jihadi
- More Christians handed harsh prison sentences in Iran; is Tehran afraid that Christianity is growing in the country?