'New Girl' season 6 episode 20 spoilers: Jess runs to Portland to escape feelings for Nick; season 7 renewal not confirmed
Jess Day (Zooey Deschanel) will try to distract herself from the romantic feelings that she is starting to have for Nick Miller (Jake Johnson) in episode 20 of "New Girl" season 6.
In the previous episode, Reagan Lucas (Megan Fox) returned to town from a work trip. The visit did not please Jess very much as it made her feel that Reagan was acting too much like Nick's girlfriend. Later on, she realized that the old spark must be returning and decided to do something about it.
Titled "Misery," the official synopsis for episode 20 reveals that Jess will leave town and go to Portland in order to run away from the romantic feelings she has for Nick. While in the state, she will keep herself busy by taking care of her father.
Back in Los Angeles, Nick and Reagan continue to bond together. However, at a work party, Nick realizes that he does not know Reagan very much and panics over that thought. At this point, it is still uncertain whether Nick will do anything to get to know Reagan deeper or whether he is also starting to feel something for Jess.
The summary for the upcoming episode also reveals that Aly Nelson (Nasim Pedrad) prepares herself to be introduced to the mother of Winston Bishop (Lamorne Morris). However, things may not turn out as smooth as expected, as Winston's mother is not aware that they are cops.
"New Girl" season 6 airs episode 20 on Tuesday, March 21, at 8 p.m. EDT on FOX.
Meanwhile, news circulated last week that the American comedy series may be saying goodbye forever after season 6 when Johnson told The Daily Beast in an interview that the show is "almost certainly done" after its finale on April 4. The actor revealed that the network has not informed them if "New Girl" will be renewed and hinted that they shot a finale where "if this was the end, the core fan base would be OK."
Nonetheless, Johnson quickly clarified his statement after it gathered buzz, saying on his Twitter account, "Let's be clear. I have no idea if NG is coming back. I was doing an interview for #WinItAll & was asked my guess. We've been told it's 50/50."
Austin Carlile tweeted about the impact sharing his Christian faith has on his popularity but says it isn't going to stop him talking about God or Jesus to his fans.
Snoop Dogg shares preview clip of new Christian music project, 'Bible of Love', featuring gospel singer Fred Hammond
Snoop Dogg is giving the world a glimpse of his gospel music album, which already features a famous voice in gospel music, Fred Hammond.
- Is Justin Bieber quitting world tour to start his own church?
- Why we must open them every day: our 5-point plan to save Britain's churches
- Godfulness: What the Church can learn from a new (but old) kind of meditation
- What did Jesus mean when he condemned those who make children 'stumble'?
- Amazing Grace: 7 quotes from the slaver-turned-preacher John Newton
- WANTED: Christian coders, techies and creatives. The CofE is inviting you to its first 'digital lab'
- Already worrying about Halloween and 'trick-or-treat'? This Christian charity has answers
- Pioneer ministry: How a new generation of ministers is changing the face of mission
- How Christian and other faith communities are rebuilding trust in times of crisis
- Stage is set for the end times, believes John Hagee
- Israel removes metal detectors from Jerusalem mosque following bloody clashes; Palestine demands further repeal
- Anglican leader in Jamaica breaks ranks by calling for legalisation of sodomy
- Islamist militants in Kenya went house to house killing Christians
- Vatican shuts down fountains amid Italy drought, in line with Pope Francis' environment teachings
- Victory for campaigners as US judge blocks attempt to deport Iraqi Christians