'New Girl' season 6 episode 20 spoilers: Jess runs to Portland to escape feelings for Nick; season 7 renewal not confirmed
Jess Day (Zooey Deschanel) will try to distract herself from the romantic feelings that she is starting to have for Nick Miller (Jake Johnson) in episode 20 of "New Girl" season 6.
In the previous episode, Reagan Lucas (Megan Fox) returned to town from a work trip. The visit did not please Jess very much as it made her feel that Reagan was acting too much like Nick's girlfriend. Later on, she realized that the old spark must be returning and decided to do something about it.
Titled "Misery," the official synopsis for episode 20 reveals that Jess will leave town and go to Portland in order to run away from the romantic feelings she has for Nick. While in the state, she will keep herself busy by taking care of her father.
Back in Los Angeles, Nick and Reagan continue to bond together. However, at a work party, Nick realizes that he does not know Reagan very much and panics over that thought. At this point, it is still uncertain whether Nick will do anything to get to know Reagan deeper or whether he is also starting to feel something for Jess.
The summary for the upcoming episode also reveals that Aly Nelson (Nasim Pedrad) prepares herself to be introduced to the mother of Winston Bishop (Lamorne Morris). However, things may not turn out as smooth as expected, as Winston's mother is not aware that they are cops.
"New Girl" season 6 airs episode 20 on Tuesday, March 21, at 8 p.m. EDT on FOX.
Meanwhile, news circulated last week that the American comedy series may be saying goodbye forever after season 6 when Johnson told The Daily Beast in an interview that the show is "almost certainly done" after its finale on April 4. The actor revealed that the network has not informed them if "New Girl" will be renewed and hinted that they shot a finale where "if this was the end, the core fan base would be OK."
Nonetheless, Johnson quickly clarified his statement after it gathered buzz, saying on his Twitter account, "Let's be clear. I have no idea if NG is coming back. I was doing an interview for #WinItAll & was asked my guess. We've been told it's 50/50."
'The Voice's Adam Levine pays tribute to Christian singer Christina Grimmie gunned down during Orlando concert last year
Levine delivered a touching speech about the YouTube star, who was very vocal about her faith.
Just weeks after unveiling his new Christian-themed tattoos, pop star and born again Christian Justin Bieber was spotted in LA carrying his Bible.
- President Trump's first 100 days: What has he achieved so far?
- Can Pope Francis do anything to help Egypt's Christians?
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 review: an atheist's God from beyond the stars
- What did Jesus mean when he said 'I am the vine'?
- Five inspiring TED talks you should watch this weekend
- 'He gives wisdom to the wise': 11 Bible verses about leadership
- Christians aren't reading the Bible. Why not, and what can we do about it?
- Pope Francis: Lust for power is like drinking gin on an empty stomach
- Ever feel people don't like you? Maybe it's a spiritual gift
- As floods and mudslides devastate Peru, victims ask for Bibles
- Former terrorist, rebel leader and drug trafficker, now a courageous pastor in Mexico
- Middle East Christians receive support from an unlikely place - the Muslim royal family
- Pope, at Cairo Mass, urges unity against fanaticism
- Saudi Arabia 'not paying its fair share' towards defence, says Trump
- German finance minister warns: No free lunch for Britain in Brexit negotiations