'Marvel vs. Capcom 4' release date, news: New game currently being developed?
Multiple sources claim that Capcom is currently developing "Marvel vs. Capcom 4."
A report from Polygon claimed that several sources were saying that the fourth installment of the crossover fighting game is now in the works and will come out in 2017.
The sources reportedly stated that the details about the game are about to be unveiled during the upcoming PlayStation Experience that is scheduled to begin on Saturday, Dec. 3, until Sunday, Dec. 4. According to the report, Capcom will launch the game during the Capcom Cup 2016 "Street Fighter 5" tournament.
The report also noted that fans of the fighting game should look forward to seeing several characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe to be included in the roster. This means that the members of the "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "The Avengers" could be seen in the game like Rocket Racoon, Groot, and Doctor Strange.
However, those who are waiting to see if "X-Men" characters like Cyclops or Magneto will join the roster of "Marvel vs. Capcom 4" might be disappointed since their involvement in the game could be highly unlikely.
Other possible characters who will be featured in the rumored "Marvel vs. Capcom" include the Ant-Man, Squirrel Girl, Misty Knight, Jessica Jones, and Loki.
The Daily Dot, on the other hand, speculated that the upcoming installment of "Marvel vs. Capcom" series will be released as a timed-exclusive PlayStation game just like "Street Fighter 5," but it will eventually have come to Xbox and PC in the future.
Early this year, Marvel Games vice president Jay Ong spoke with Polygon to acknowledge the clamor for the next "Marvel vs. Capcom" game.
"There's nothing we can say at this time," Ong stated during that time. "Let's just say that we hear that a lot. We love our fans and we certainly want to please them. Beyond that we can't say anything at this time. But who knows what the future holds?"
Although, Capcom reportedly refused to comment on the rumors.
Actor Dennis Quaid promises new faith-based movie about MercyMe singer Bart Millard will be 'uplifting'
Actor Dennis Quaid will be starring in the upcoming film "I Can Only Imagine," which is based on the popular Christian song of the same name. Quaid says the movie highlights the power of a changed heart.
A British evangelist has told of how he led a woman to faith during a recent screening of Christian-themed movie The Shack.
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Gaming for God: New card game asks the Church 'what is mission?'
- Top musicians are to sing all 150 Psalms in one weekend. What can this teach our world today?
- Was this Catholic cardinal a saint or a pro-Nazi war criminal?
- Canon: How a Bible card game is helping students learn how Scripture began
- Diagnosed with cancer, this Christian got through it by praying and painting Jesus' last day on earth
- The face of Christ? Turin Shroud does contain the blood of a torture victim, research suggests
- Would-be bride turns canceled $30,000 wedding reception into banquet for the homeless
- How the least perfect people are sometimes the most important for God's plan
- Pope Francis makes surprise call to rubbish collector who lost both his legs in collision
- Prince William and Kate meet Salvation Army anti-trafficking worker in Poland
- How this passionate Christian from Samaritan's Purse is helping to save lives in war-torn northern Iraq
- You aren't coming through here: Nuns build chapel to block fracking gas pipeline
- ISIS receipt surfaces in Mosul for sale of 20-year-old woman to jihadi for $1,500
- 16-year-old Christian boy is the latest victim of Pakistan's blasphemy law