iPhone 6 Air and iPhablet to release in Q2 and Q3: Screen sizes confirmed to 4.7 and 5.5 inch?
Apple's next-generation smartphone(s) will most likely come with larger displays.
Rumors of an iPhone phablet and an iPhone 6 have been rampant, and latest reports state that the smartphones will come with both a 5.5 inch and 4.7 inch display respectively.
DisplaySearch's David Hsieh recently predicted that the phablet sized smartphone will feature a 5.5 inch display with a resolution of 1920x1080 at 401 ppi. The smaller 4.7 inch sized phone will have a resolution of 1600x900 with 386 ppi.
The purported 4.7 inch iPhone 6, dubbed the iPhone Air is also rumored to be ultra thin, coming in at only 6 mm thick. The currently iPhone 5S is 7.6mm thick, so the new phone will be significantly thinner than its predecessor.
The 5.5 inch iPhone phablet line may be the first handset to be released this year, possibly in May. The 4.7 inch iPhone Air will likely be unveiled in September.
Both phones will likely pack an upgraded A8 processor with dedicated M8 chip, 4GB RAM, 128 storage and improved fingerprint security features. The handsets have also been rumored to come in a 'liquidmetal' casing.
The iPhone 6 is expected to take further steps to ensure security and has been rumored to feature facial technology, which detects and recognizes actual faces. The company also acquired PrimeSense last year, which produces gesture-detecting sensors. This may mean that the phone may come with 3D motion sensors similar to that of the Kinect.
As the tablet market increases, Apple is said to be stepping up the game by upgrading the size of its flagship iPad. The rumored iPad Pro may have a whopping 12-inch retina display with a resolution of 2732x2048 at 264 ppi.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Amazing Grace: 7 quotes from the slaver-turned-preacher John Newton
- WANTED: Christian coders, techies and creatives. The CofE is inviting you to its first 'digital lab'
- Already worrying about Halloween and 'trick-or-treat'? This Christian charity has answers
- Pioneer ministry: How a new generation of ministers is changing the face of mission
- How Christian and other faith communities are rebuilding trust in times of crisis
- Was Jesus an extremist? 1 in 5 Brits thinks so
- Is the sidelining of religion a root cause of our mental health crisis?
- O.J. Simpson says he wishes he had 'been a better Christian' as he's granted parole
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- World Church leaders offer prayers for 'just peace' in Jerusalem
- A boy wrote to Pope Francis inviting him on a pilgrimage for sick children. He received a remarkable reply
- Tearfund's research into the faith of refugees is showing how religion is part of the solution, not just part of the problem
- Israel says Jerusalem mosque metal detectors to stay after bloody Palestinian clash
- Iraqi forces claim to have captured 16-year-old girl who ran away from Germany to marry ISIS jihadi
- More Christians handed harsh prison sentences in Iran; is Tehran afraid that Christianity is growing in the country?