'Divinity: Original Sin II' release date, news: New title may outshine its predecessor
A lot of PC games tend to favor multiplayer games for a lot of reasons, but the most obvious one is the ability to gain a huge audience through cooperative play. This is where developer and publisher Larian Studios excels in, thus the creation of the critically-acclaimed sequel "Divinity: Original Sin II."
"Divinity: Original Sin II" is a role-playing video game that boasts a rich single player mode as well as an impeccable multiplayer design. Being a Kickstarter title, it is funded by a community of backers who find interest in the concept of the game.
As per PC Gamer, Steam players are able to get early access for the said title, making them the first ones to ever experience the improvements made in the sequel. Even in an unfinished state, Act 1 of the Divinity Lore still surprised players with the new art and user interface, as well as four playable races - namely Humans, Elves, Dwarves, and Lizards.
According to the official website, by the time the game is perfectly ready, the playable races will be expanded by one more, with the Undead race as the addition. It is also said that the origin stories of each will evolve in the single player campaign, adding more depth to the already ambitious story of "Divinity."
Moreover, the character creation is another feature that will certainly enthrall the players of the game. With the open world, the player's choice is his own, wherein he won't need to follow any storyline, giving him a free hand in how to proceed with the game.
As always, the crowning glory of "Divinity: Original Sin II" is the multiplayer game, emphasizing on cooperative play. Despite being in a group, each will have different objectives as the story of one won't be identical to another, making the quests very personal.
Players who got early access to the game are raving about the sequel. It goes as far as CGM naming it a Kickstarter Victory. It can be recalled that various titles backed by Kickstarter have gone south, but "Divinity" is a different story, thus the development of the sequel to the series.
"Divinity: Original Sin II" will be made available to PC gamers in 2017.
Actor Dennis Quaid promises new faith-based movie about MercyMe singer Bart Millard will be 'uplifting'
Actor Dennis Quaid will be starring in the upcoming film "I Can Only Imagine," which is based on the popular Christian song of the same name. Quaid says the movie highlights the power of a changed heart.
A British evangelist has told of how he led a woman to faith during a recent screening of Christian-themed movie The Shack.
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Gaming for God: New card game asks the Church 'what is mission?'
- Top musicians are to sing all 150 Psalms in one weekend. What can this teach our world today?
- Was this Catholic cardinal a saint or a pro-Nazi war criminal?
- Canon: How a Bible card game is helping students learn how Scripture began
- Diagnosed with cancer, this Christian got through it by praying and painting Jesus' last day on earth
- The face of Christ? Turin Shroud does contain the blood of a torture victim, research suggests
- Would-be bride turns canceled $30,000 wedding reception into banquet for the homeless
- How the least perfect people are sometimes the most important for God's plan
- Pope Francis makes surprise call to rubbish collector who lost both his legs in collision
- Prince William and Kate meet Salvation Army anti-trafficking worker in Poland
- How this passionate Christian from Samaritan's Purse is helping to save lives in war-torn northern Iraq
- You aren't coming through here: Nuns build chapel to block fracking gas pipeline
- ISIS receipt surfaces in Mosul for sale of 20-year-old woman to jihadi for $1,500
- 16-year-old Christian boy is the latest victim of Pakistan's blasphemy law