'Avengers: Infinity War' cast news: Chris Evans relinquishing Captain America after 'Avengers' movie?
It's no secret that actor Chris Evans has long been toying with the idea of giving up the Captain America role and leaving the Marvel Cinematic Universe to pursue another career. Now, there are reports that he will soon be doing just that.
Apparently, being a superhero is a full-time job. With the tight schedule that comes with playing a superhero role like Captain America, Evans barely has time to explore and take on other projects. He has always dreamed of directing, instead of being an actor, according to Movie Pilot. With all the filming, tours, and intense training, he simply cannot find the time to explore this passion, which could possibly be the reason why he wants to finally move on from being Captain America after his last "Avengers" project.
However, it is yet unclear as to whether Captain America will be hanging up his shield after "Avengers: Infinity War" or after "Avengers 4," as different sources are giving out different information. According to Comic Book Movie, "Marvel Studios originally wanted Chris Evans to sign a nine-picture deal, but he refused that and agreed to appear in six of their movies. That's an obligation he will have fulfilled with Avengers: Infinity War."
However, it has also been reported that during a recent interview with Esquire, the actor mentioned that he has just started his workout routine required for the next two films, which could mean that he will still appear in the fourth "Avengers" movie. "The movies will be shot back to back beginning in April. After that, no more red- white-and-blue costume for the thirty-five-year-old. He will have fulfilled his contract," states a portion of the profile done on Evans by Esquire.
With the lack of a direct quote from the actor himself, fans are left hanging with so many questions. Is he going to leave after the third "Avengers" movie, or the fourth? Does his exit mean he is going to die in the movie? Will Captain America sacrifice himself for the greater good? Who is going to take his mantle as Captain America?
"Avengers: Infinity War" is scheduled to hit theaters on May 4, 2018, while the fourth "Avengers" movie is set to come out in 2019.
Actor Dennis Quaid promises new faith-based movie about MercyMe singer Bart Millard will be 'uplifting'
Actor Dennis Quaid will be starring in the upcoming film "I Can Only Imagine," which is based on the popular Christian song of the same name. Quaid says the movie highlights the power of a changed heart.
A British evangelist has told of how he led a woman to faith during a recent screening of Christian-themed movie The Shack.
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Gaming for God: New card game asks the Church 'what is mission?'
- Top musicians are to sing all 150 Psalms in one weekend. What can this teach our world today?
- Was this Catholic cardinal a saint or a pro-Nazi war criminal?
- Canon: How a Bible card game is helping students learn how Scripture began
- Diagnosed with cancer, this Christian got through it by praying and painting Jesus' last day on earth
- The face of Christ? Turin Shroud does contain the blood of a torture victim, research suggests
- Would-be bride turns canceled $30,000 wedding reception into banquet for the homeless
- How the least perfect people are sometimes the most important for God's plan
- Pope Francis makes surprise call to rubbish collector who lost both his legs in collision
- Prince William and Kate meet Salvation Army anti-trafficking worker in Poland
- How this passionate Christian from Samaritan's Purse is helping to save lives in war-torn northern Iraq
- You aren't coming through here: Nuns build chapel to block fracking gas pipeline
- ISIS receipt surfaces in Mosul for sale of 20-year-old woman to jihadi for $1,500
- 16-year-old Christian boy is the latest victim of Pakistan's blasphemy law