Pitt slams Aniston marriage in Esquire interview? "I was a bit of a drifter"
Brad Pitt inadvertently slammed his marriage to ex-wife Jennifer Aniston in an interview with Esquire magazine.
Pitt did not criticize Aniston, but rather himself, saying that he became dull to himself in the time he was married to her.
"For a long time I thought I did too much damage-drug damage," Pitt told Esquire in a recent interview. "I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I spent years ****ing off. But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago. It was an epiphany."
Pitt and Aniston were married for five years before splitting in 2005. Pitt had met Angelina Jolie on the set of "Mr. and Mrs Smith" and had since been romantically involved with the actress. The pair got engaged last year and share 6 children together.
In an interview with Parade magazine last year, Pitt praised Jolie for being a great mom. "One of the greatest, smartest things I ever did was give my kids Angie as their mom. She is such a great mom. Oh, man, I'm so happy to have her."
He continued: "I put much more emphasis on being a satisfied man. I'm satisfied with making true choices and finding the woman I love, Angie, and building a family that I love so much. A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss. That's the trade-off. But I'll take it all."
Jolie recently hit headlines after she revealed that she underwent a secret double mastectomy after learning that she was a carrier of the BRCA1 gene, which increased the chance of her getting breast cancer to 87 percent.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- What I Learned At Soul Survivor's #NaturallySupernatural Conference
- Not Ashamed Of The Gospel: How Paul Still Speaks To Us Today
- Fixer Upper Stars Launch New Wallpaper Range – 'They Completely Transform A Room'
- Why Lion Should Be Crowned King At The Oscars
- 5 Flawed Rulers In The Bible Who God Used To Do Good
- Christian Mum Blogger Announces Engagement To Football Star Abby Wambach
- This Alabama Church Wants To Set Up Its Own Police Force
- 'Supergroup' Of Chorister Kids Releases Album Of Choral Classics
- The Great Wall Review: A Boundary-Shifting Movie That Might Get Donald Trump Worried
- Iraq Poised For Disaster As 750,000 Civilians Remain Trapped In ISIS-Held Mosul
- ISIS Releases New Video Calling For Slaughter Of Egyptian Christians
- Christian Leaders Protest Franklin Graham Visit: He 'Compromises Jesus's Mission Of Justice And Love For All
- ISIS Drowns 13 Civilians, Execute 8 Others In Mosul, Kirkuk On Charges of Collaborating With The Enemy
- Christians In Mideast Reject Trump Plan To Prioritise U.S. Resettlement Of Christian Refugees: 'Wrong Message, Wrong Policy'
- Boko Haram Has Murdered 100,000, Displaced 2 Million In War To Wipe Out Christianity In Nigeria