Nancy Motes dead at 37: Julia Roberts' youngest sister found dead of apparent drug overdose
Nancy Motes, the half-sister of actress Julia Roberts, has been found dead of an apparent drug overdose.
Motes, 37, was the youngest sister of Oscar winning actress Julia Roberts and actor Eric Roberts. She was the daughter of the actress' mother Betty Lou and stepfather Michael Motes.
The family confirmed Motes' death in a statement released today: "It is with deep sadness that the family of Nancy Motes ... confirms that she was found dead in Los Angeles yesterday of an apparent drug overdose. There is no official report from the Coroner's office yet. The family is both shocked and devastated."
Last year, Motes talked to The Sun about her weight issues. "When you're in a family of very, very exceptionally beautiful people it's intimidating. I think that growing up as Pretty Woman's little sister has definitely made me try to see the person inside and not the person outside. A lot of my life I felt judged for my weight," she told the paper.
Motes had also revealed that she planned to marry her boyfriend John Dilbeck in May.
The tragic news comes just one week after the sudden death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman, who also died of a heroin overdose.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- What Does The Bible Have To Say About A Trump Presidency?
- Truth And Justice Meet: Why We Should Celebrate The Freedom Of Chelsea Manning
- Unsatisfied At Work? Here's How To Find Fulfilment
- Auschwitz Memorial Museum Director Appeals For Death Camp Staff Documents
- Real Christian Men Do This
- Hope Amid Crisis: Testimonies Of Christian Transformation In War-Torn Syria
- From Homelessness To Hope: Catholic Priest Who Met God On The Streets
- Bishop Eddie Long's Daughter Calls Her Father 'Perfect' In Heartfelt Remembrance
- President's Inauguration And The Bible: An Unconstitutional Convention
- Abortionist Repents, Becomes Pro-Life Advocate After Seeing in His Dreams the Faces of the Children He Killed
- Islamist Extremists Are Killing Christians in Syria Who Refuse to Deny Jesus, Pastor Reveals
- Christians In Sri Lanka Worship Outdoors After Buddhist Radicals Destroyed Their Church
- Muslims Hide Christian Paintings In Former Church To Prevent 'Influence' During Worship
- Chinese Church Leader To Stand Trial As Clampdown On Christianity Tightens
- Persecution Continues In Sudan As Pastor Forced To Leave Over 'Evangelistic Activities'