Nancy Motes dead at 37: Julia Roberts' youngest sister found dead of apparent drug overdose
Nancy Motes, the half-sister of actress Julia Roberts, has been found dead of an apparent drug overdose.
Motes, 37, was the youngest sister of Oscar winning actress Julia Roberts and actor Eric Roberts. She was the daughter of the actress' mother Betty Lou and stepfather Michael Motes.
The family confirmed Motes' death in a statement released today: "It is with deep sadness that the family of Nancy Motes ... confirms that she was found dead in Los Angeles yesterday of an apparent drug overdose. There is no official report from the Coroner's office yet. The family is both shocked and devastated."
Last year, Motes talked to The Sun about her weight issues. "When you're in a family of very, very exceptionally beautiful people it's intimidating. I think that growing up as Pretty Woman's little sister has definitely made me try to see the person inside and not the person outside. A lot of my life I felt judged for my weight," she told the paper.
Motes had also revealed that she planned to marry her boyfriend John Dilbeck in May.
The tragic news comes just one week after the sudden death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman, who also died of a heroin overdose.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Sikh Woman Converts To Christianity After Praying To Jesus
- 3 Things Jesus' Death Teaches Us About Humanity
- I Was Kicked Out Of Turkey For Being A Christian
- Children Fleeing ISIS In Mosul Find Sanctuary
- Rick Warren: How To Respond When Someone Hurts You
- Why Practising Christian Mindfulness Doesn't Mean Turning Buddhist
- Why The Pope's Historic Trip To Sweden Is So Significant
- Will Christians And Muslims Be Able To Live Side By Side In Iraq After ISIS?
- Sexual Violence: Why Christians Have To Talk About It
- Christian Students Miraculously Saved From ISIS Terrorist Suicide Bombers: 'The Lord Blinded Their Eyes'
- Ancient Papyrus Discovered In Israel Reveals Mystery Of King's Maidservant
- Christians And Muslims Join Forces In Pakistan To Save Nine-Year-Old Boy From Blasphemy Charge
- Young Iraqi Christian Girl Who Forgave ISIS 'Joyful' About Returning Home After Liberation
- Christianity Is In Danger Of Disappearing For Good From Iraq Even After Defeat Of ISIS
- 20 Chinese Christians Beaten And Couple Imprisoned For Hanging Cross In Home