Nancy Motes dead at 37: Julia Roberts' youngest sister found dead of apparent drug overdose
Nancy Motes, the half-sister of actress Julia Roberts, has been found dead of an apparent drug overdose.
Motes, 37, was the youngest sister of Oscar winning actress Julia Roberts and actor Eric Roberts. She was the daughter of the actress' mother Betty Lou and stepfather Michael Motes.
The family confirmed Motes' death in a statement released today: "It is with deep sadness that the family of Nancy Motes ... confirms that she was found dead in Los Angeles yesterday of an apparent drug overdose. There is no official report from the Coroner's office yet. The family is both shocked and devastated."
Last year, Motes talked to The Sun about her weight issues. "When you're in a family of very, very exceptionally beautiful people it's intimidating. I think that growing up as Pretty Woman's little sister has definitely made me try to see the person inside and not the person outside. A lot of my life I felt judged for my weight," she told the paper.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
Motes had also revealed that she planned to marry her boyfriend John Dilbeck in May.
The tragic news comes just one week after the sudden death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman, who also died of a heroin overdose.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Twitter Lights Up For #NationalChristmasTreeDay
- Four Great Christmas Videos You Might Not Have Come Across
- How Many Presents Should Your Child Receive On Christmas Day?
- 'Father Forgive': How One Christian Woman Learnt To Forgive Her Husband's Murderers
- Are You Living With A Ten-Verse Bible? Here's Why It's So Dangerous For Your Spiritual Health
- Faith, Hope, And Politics: The Book You Need To Read In 2017
- Would Jesus Burn The Stars And Stripes?
- 3 Biblical Truths To Stand On When The World Shakes
- 7 Tips For Making The Most Of A Short Term Mission Trip
- Hurricane Matthew Three Months On: Deadly Disease Threatens Thousands Of Lives In Haiti
- Stripped, Beaten and Killed: The Christian Mother Who Fell Victim To Mob Violence In India
- More People Turning to Christ in Nepal, Which Now Hosts Over 1 Million Believers and 8,000 Churches
- Christians From Egypt Seek Refuge in Cyprus After Experiencing Brutal Persecution
- ISIS Launches Radio Phone-In Show For Terrorists With Personal Problems; Hot Topics Include Whether Women Can Watch Execution Videos
- Christian Couple Rewarded for Their Faith as Their Conjoined Twins Survive Risky Separation Surgeries