HTC One Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update today; HTC One X update via CyanogenMod 10.1 RC5 ROM [DETAILS]
The Android 4.2 update to the HTC One X is expected for a July release date.
Meanwhile, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update for the HTC One will start rolling out today, according to latest reports. HTC's flagship phone already comes loaded with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, but international HTC One owners may update their phones to the latest version, Android 4.2.2, today.
Rumors sparked from a Twitter post by Ambassador of HTC France, Yves Wi, who posted a message that hinted that the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for the HTC One will roll out today.
Owners of the unlocked version of the HTC One will be able to get he firmware update first, followed by owners in a locked contract.
HTC One owners can check for a firmware update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates and select Check for Updates.
HTC has not officially confirmed an Android 4.2 update for the HTC One X, as they did for the HTC One via Twitter. However, the HTC One X was the company's flagship phone last year so the handset is most likely to receive the update as well. However, despite the July release date, owners of the AT&T HTC One X may have to wait longer –possibly several months, as the given release date only applies to international owners.
However, an update to the latest Android firmware is made available now for HTC One X owners via CyanogenMod 10.1 RC5 ROM. Click here for details on how to install the the rom.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Collateral damage: how factional fighting in the Church damages us all
- #PrayForLondon is the latest #PrayFor hashtag to trend. Sadly, there have been many others
- 6 Scripture verses about the heart – and why they don't mean what you think
- Study shows 'religious' countries are worse at science. What does this really tell us?
- 5 truths to cling to in the midst of uncertainty
- 'Identity' by Colton Dixon: An ambitious, vibrant and hopeful anthem
- Don't blame Islam, don't blame religion: It's people that make the world violent
- Persevering when times are tough: 6 scriptures to help you keep going
- Is it ever God's fault when we sin?
- Douglas Carswell quits UKIP, says he will remain as independent MP
- Pope Francis warns EU risks dying, faces 'vacuum of values'
- Israel 'ignores' UN demand to end settlement building in occupied territories
- Republicans in disarray as Trump fails to repeal Obamacare
- Pastor reveals horror of child sacrifices in Uganda, claims murder of innocents is big business
- Christianity is 'over' in Iraq, but 'God is not dead despite terrible persecution,' says 'Vicar of Baghdad'