'Scarface' actor and news anchorman Mario Machado dies
Mario Machado has died at the age of 78. According to his daughter, the death was caused by complications from pneumonia.
Machado was Chinese-American, born in Shanghai on 22 April 1935 as Mario Jose de Souza Machado. His mother was Chinese-Portuguese and his father was Portuguese.
He started out as a news reporter for KHJ-TV in 1967 and became a newscaster three years later.
He played news reporter or anchor roles in films too. In the Robocop series, he was news anchor Casey Wong. He also had parts in Scarface, Oh, God! and Rocky III.
His TV portfolio included appearances in popular shows like The Brady Bunch, Quincy M.E. and The Rockford Files.
Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald thank God after announcing they are expecting second child just nine months after arrival of Spurgeon
Ben and Jessa Seewald from the TLC show "Counting On" did not waste any time in expanding their family of three.
Rapper DMX, who dreams of becoming a pastor, testifies how difficult times helped him to know God more
It has always been the dream of rapper DMX to become a pastor, and he is slowly making that dream a reality. A video was posted recently on BET Gospel's Facebook page showing the Christian artist preaching before the pulpit in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Top 5 daily prayer apps to help your devotional life
- Finding God in the midst of suffering
- Rahab the prostitute: Was she a traitor or a heroine?
- Why going to church could be the best way of evangelising
- Tom Daley and Christian Voice: What the Twitter row really has to teach us
- Why being part of a church is not optional for Christians
- Seduction and beheading: What a dark Bible story tells us about goodness
- Why it's time to stop saying 'God has a special someone planned for you'
- The Story of Christ: Feature film shot in virtual reality to be released this Christmas
- Parents give the credit to God after their 16-year-old son survives deadly brain-eating amoeba
- Egypt: Knife-wielding attacker shot dead after stabbing guard at Coptic church
- Mark Driscoll hits out at polygamy and warns it could be legal within two decades
- As a follower of Jesus it is your duty to vote, says US Episcopal Church leader
- Religious freedom at 'serious risk' at Christian universities, presidents warn
- Anglican Church in Nigeria builds trauma centre for victims of Boko Haram