Power Ranger Movie reboot: Liam Hemsworth, Taylor Lautner to be Red Ranger?
Actors Liam Hemsworth or Taylor Lautner could star in the rumored reboot of the Power Rangers Movie as the leader of the pack – Red Ranger.
It seemed that rumors are becoming a reality as latest reports claimed that a screenwriter is already on board to write the script for the movie. According to website SchmoesKnow, a source from Lionsgate asked "Chronicle" writer Max Landis to be the screenwriter for the highly-anticipated movie. Landis has already submitted a draft to the movie producers Jim Miller, Alison Sheamur, and Haim Saban.
The website also said that Landis is speculating to use "Chronicle" as a peg to the "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers" if the movie producers agreed. If the producers agreed, the film's plot will revolve around a group of teenagers tapping their powers and abilities.
However, fans were disappointed for Landis' appointment as screenwriter for the movie. Other reports claimed that Landis is an "unlikely choice" since he is an outspoken critic of blockbuster films and geek cinema making it an "unwise decision." In the comment section of a report in Cinema Blend, waiting fans posted:
"I don't think Landis is right for the part in writing this thing out, it's a hard thing getting the right writer for a good job but in the end I think whoever directs will have to take it in the right direction."
"I'm not familiar with Chronicle but i think we need a screenwriter who can capture the fun nostalgia and colorfulness of the original PR's."
"Chronicle is pretty much the polar opposite. It's dark and gritty, and takes a realistic tone to a bunch of teens acquiring super powers. Which, frankly, would completely ruin the Power Rangers, since cheesiness and colorfulness are the reason they're popular in the first place."
One fan even boldly suggested that "Transformers 4: Age of Extinction" director Michael Bay should take on the movie project.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- 3 Things The Labour Party Can Learn From The Church About Unity
- Struggling With Comparing Yourself To Others? Time To Do Something About It
- Why Does God Allow Depression?
- Could Orthodox Churches Recognise The Pope? It's No Longer Completely Unthinkable
- Bieber Sings Delirious? Six Other Musical Acts And The Worship Songs They Should Cover
- Finding Focus: Four Ideas For The Desperately Distracted
- In Good Times And Bad, Why Psalm 23 Will See Us Through
- Leonard Cohen: 10 Of His Best Songs About Faith, God and Spirituality
- The Christian Comeback Is Coming, Says Brian McLaren
- Pro-life activists oppose 'ridiculous' proposal from bioethicists to force doctors to kill babies
- Christian event disrupted by extremists who oppose non-Jewish activities in Israel
- Over 160 ISIS militants killed in coalition airstrike in Iraq; jihadists surround Mosul with oil tanks
- Boko Haram militants shoot Christians returning home from church in Nigeria, killing 8; 2 other attacks claim 10 lives
- Chinese businessman who converted to Christianity from Buddhism to build $1.2m Noah's Ark replica
- Why The Church Has Got To Start Caring About Persecuted Christians