Power Ranger Movie reboot: Liam Hemsworth, Taylor Lautner to be Red Ranger?
Actors Liam Hemsworth or Taylor Lautner could star in the rumored reboot of the Power Rangers Movie as the leader of the pack – Red Ranger.
It seemed that rumors are becoming a reality as latest reports claimed that a screenwriter is already on board to write the script for the movie. According to website SchmoesKnow, a source from Lionsgate asked "Chronicle" writer Max Landis to be the screenwriter for the highly-anticipated movie. Landis has already submitted a draft to the movie producers Jim Miller, Alison Sheamur, and Haim Saban.
The website also said that Landis is speculating to use "Chronicle" as a peg to the "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers" if the movie producers agreed. If the producers agreed, the film's plot will revolve around a group of teenagers tapping their powers and abilities.
However, fans were disappointed for Landis' appointment as screenwriter for the movie. Other reports claimed that Landis is an "unlikely choice" since he is an outspoken critic of blockbuster films and geek cinema making it an "unwise decision." In the comment section of a report in Cinema Blend, waiting fans posted:
"I don't think Landis is right for the part in writing this thing out, it's a hard thing getting the right writer for a good job but in the end I think whoever directs will have to take it in the right direction."
"I'm not familiar with Chronicle but i think we need a screenwriter who can capture the fun nostalgia and colorfulness of the original PR's."
"Chronicle is pretty much the polar opposite. It's dark and gritty, and takes a realistic tone to a bunch of teens acquiring super powers. Which, frankly, would completely ruin the Power Rangers, since cheesiness and colorfulness are the reason they're popular in the first place."
One fan even boldly suggested that "Transformers 4: Age of Extinction" director Michael Bay should take on the movie project.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- 3 Ancient Prayers That Will Help You Encounter God In A New Way
- Is Your Giving Doing More Harm Than Good?
- 4 Ways To Encourage Young People To Lead In Church
- Aberfan: The Quiet Heroism Of The Wounded Healer
- The Tax Collector And The Pharisee: How God's Mercy Is Shown To Unexpected People
- 3 Things That Need Your Prayers This Weekend
- The Crowd-Funded Bible That Reaches Out To The Young Kids Of Instagram
- The Lonely Catholic President: The Faith Of JFK
- How Britain Could Help Stamp Out Massive Global Corruption – Really Easily
- Britain Must Resist Sharia Law Warns Pakistan-Born Evangelical Bishop
- Iraq Passes Surprise Law Banning Alcohol, Angering Christians
- Archaeologists Hail Discovery Of Lost Battle Site From Fall Of Jerusalem
- Chinese Megachurch Pastor Released After Seven Years In Prison
- France Moves To Demolish Calais Jungle, Aid Agencies Fear For Children
- Texas High School Allows 'Jesus' In Sponsor Logo on Sports Team's Jersey After Initially Rejecting It