Power Ranger Movie reboot: Liam Hemsworth, Taylor Lautner to be Red Ranger?
Actors Liam Hemsworth or Taylor Lautner could star in the rumored reboot of the Power Rangers Movie as the leader of the pack – Red Ranger.
It seemed that rumors are becoming a reality as latest reports claimed that a screenwriter is already on board to write the script for the movie. According to website SchmoesKnow, a source from Lionsgate asked "Chronicle" writer Max Landis to be the screenwriter for the highly-anticipated movie. Landis has already submitted a draft to the movie producers Jim Miller, Alison Sheamur, and Haim Saban.
The website also said that Landis is speculating to use "Chronicle" as a peg to the "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers" if the movie producers agreed. If the producers agreed, the film's plot will revolve around a group of teenagers tapping their powers and abilities.
However, fans were disappointed for Landis' appointment as screenwriter for the movie. Other reports claimed that Landis is an "unlikely choice" since he is an outspoken critic of blockbuster films and geek cinema making it an "unwise decision." In the comment section of a report in Cinema Blend, waiting fans posted:
"I don't think Landis is right for the part in writing this thing out, it's a hard thing getting the right writer for a good job but in the end I think whoever directs will have to take it in the right direction."
"I'm not familiar with Chronicle but i think we need a screenwriter who can capture the fun nostalgia and colorfulness of the original PR's."
"Chronicle is pretty much the polar opposite. It's dark and gritty, and takes a realistic tone to a bunch of teens acquiring super powers. Which, frankly, would completely ruin the Power Rangers, since cheesiness and colorfulness are the reason they're popular in the first place."
One fan even boldly suggested that "Transformers 4: Age of Extinction" director Michael Bay should take on the movie project.
Here are seven important facts everyone should be aware of regarding Zika Virus.
An evangelical pastor spanked women's bare bottoms to administer "spiritual discipline", a court has been told.
- How 'intentional' are you - with yourself and with God?
- The 99 thoughts you have while listening to a sermon
- Jacques Hamel: The humble priest who was 'treasured' by the community
- Star Trek Beyond: searching for hope in a godless universe
- Controversial evangelist, activist and bestselling 'Left Behind' author dies aged 90
- Scotland's Christian 'saint in the making' Margaret Sinclair to star in new play
- The burning issue: Why the Church has got to start talking about hell
- Come to church this week for poets, rock stars, circus skills and 'champing'
- Lead us not into the temptations of Twitter, warns Pope Francis
- Hillary Clinton victory heralds a new day for women, says Tony Campolo
- Indian Christian forced to 'reconvert' among Hindu extremists' crackdown
- World Youth Day: Hundreds of thousands of young Catholics welcome Pope Francis to Poland
- Syria: Dozens killed in deadly ISIS blast
- Pastor buys dozens of tickets to win assault rifle in raffle – now he'll destroy it
- French Bishops call for day of fasting in response to Jacques Hamel killing