Pitt slams Aniston marriage in Esquire interview? "I was a bit of a drifter"
Brad Pitt inadvertently slammed his marriage to ex-wife Jennifer Aniston in an interview with Esquire magazine.
Pitt did not criticize Aniston, but rather himself, saying that he became dull to himself in the time he was married to her.
"For a long time I thought I did too much damage-drug damage," Pitt told Esquire in a recent interview. "I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I spent years ****ing off. But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago. It was an epiphany."
Pitt and Aniston were married for five years before splitting in 2005. Pitt had met Angelina Jolie on the set of "Mr. and Mrs Smith" and had since been romantically involved with the actress. The pair got engaged last year and share 6 children together.
In an interview with Parade magazine last year, Pitt praised Jolie for being a great mom. "One of the greatest, smartest things I ever did was give my kids Angie as their mom. She is such a great mom. Oh, man, I'm so happy to have her."
He continued: "I put much more emphasis on being a satisfied man. I'm satisfied with making true choices and finding the woman I love, Angie, and building a family that I love so much. A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss. That's the trade-off. But I'll take it all."
Jolie recently hit headlines after she revealed that she underwent a secret double mastectomy after learning that she was a carrier of the BRCA1 gene, which increased the chance of her getting breast cancer to 87 percent.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Are Churches Really As Unwelcoming As Surveys Say?
- Why Pope Francis May Get The Cold Shoulder In Sweden
- God & The Presidency: The Faith of Dwight D Eisenhower
- Why I Left Church And Why I'm Going Back Again
- Out Of The Darkness: How God Transformed A Violent Criminal
- Doctor Strange: The Most Theological Marvel Movie So Far
- The Church And Argentina's Dirty War: Why The Vatican Needs To Open Its Files
- Sikh Woman Converts To Christianity After Praying To Jesus
- 3 Things Jesus' Death Teaches Us About Humanity
- Religious Freedom 'Is A Litmus Test Of Overall Freedom' Says EU Special Envoy
- 4 Countries Where Christians Are Persecuted For Their Faith
- Cathedral Lit Red In Solidarity With Persecuted Christians
- EU Parliament Votes To Protect Christians In Iraq After ISIS Is Defeated
- Vatican To Host Concert For The Poor And Homeless
- Jesus' 'Burial Slab' Uncovered For First Time In Centuries