Pitt slams Aniston marriage in Esquire interview? "I was a bit of a drifter"
Brad Pitt inadvertently slammed his marriage to ex-wife Jennifer Aniston in an interview with Esquire magazine.
Pitt did not criticize Aniston, but rather himself, saying that he became dull to himself in the time he was married to her.
"For a long time I thought I did too much damage-drug damage," Pitt told Esquire in a recent interview. "I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I spent years ****ing off. But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago. It was an epiphany."
Pitt and Aniston were married for five years before splitting in 2005. Pitt had met Angelina Jolie on the set of "Mr. and Mrs Smith" and had since been romantically involved with the actress. The pair got engaged last year and share 6 children together.
In an interview with Parade magazine last year, Pitt praised Jolie for being a great mom. "One of the greatest, smartest things I ever did was give my kids Angie as their mom. She is such a great mom. Oh, man, I'm so happy to have her."
He continued: "I put much more emphasis on being a satisfied man. I'm satisfied with making true choices and finding the woman I love, Angie, and building a family that I love so much. A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss. That's the trade-off. But I'll take it all."
Jolie recently hit headlines after she revealed that she underwent a secret double mastectomy after learning that she was a carrier of the BRCA1 gene, which increased the chance of her getting breast cancer to 87 percent.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- The Lesson For Labour From Its Forgotten Christian Socialist Leader: For The Greater Good, Corbyn Should Resign
- Five Scriptures For When You're Feeling Confused
- The 21st Century Solution To Displaying 16th Century Luther Artefacts: Print Them In 3D
- 3 Strategies For Online Soul-Protection
- Will A Christian Film Win Best Picture? Christian Today's Oscar Predictions
- Exclusive Michael Gove Interview: On Trump Quitting Early, Not Talking To Cameron And Being A Flawed Christian
- New Planets Have Been Discovered That Could Support Alien Life. Here Are 10 Questions For Christians
- Brand New VeggieTales Brings Godly Vegetables Back To Netflix: Exclusive Clips
- 'I Miss My Father': Daughter Of Murdered Missionary Jim Elliot Speaks Out
- In France, People Who Speak Against Abortion Will Now Be Treated As Criminals
- Christian Astrophysicist Sees Little Chance Of Alien Life In New Earth-Size Planets Discovered By NASA
- Christian Family Of ISIS Suicide Bomber Believe He Was 'Brainwashed'
- Drive-Through Ash Wednesday Blessings To Be Given Out At This Irish Church
- Opposition To Philippine's President Duterte Turn Historic Event Into Protest March
- Iraqi Forces Push Into Western Mosul And Launch Airstrikes In Syria