Pitt slams Aniston marriage in Esquire interview? "I was a bit of a drifter"
Brad Pitt inadvertently slammed his marriage to ex-wife Jennifer Aniston in an interview with Esquire magazine.
Pitt did not criticize Aniston, but rather himself, saying that he became dull to himself in the time he was married to her.
"For a long time I thought I did too much damage-drug damage," Pitt told Esquire in a recent interview. "I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I spent years ****ing off. But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago. It was an epiphany."
Pitt and Aniston were married for five years before splitting in 2005. Pitt had met Angelina Jolie on the set of "Mr. and Mrs Smith" and had since been romantically involved with the actress. The pair got engaged last year and share 6 children together.
In an interview with Parade magazine last year, Pitt praised Jolie for being a great mom. "One of the greatest, smartest things I ever did was give my kids Angie as their mom. She is such a great mom. Oh, man, I'm so happy to have her."
He continued: "I put much more emphasis on being a satisfied man. I'm satisfied with making true choices and finding the woman I love, Angie, and building a family that I love so much. A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss. That's the trade-off. But I'll take it all."
Jolie recently hit headlines after she revealed that she underwent a secret double mastectomy after learning that she was a carrier of the BRCA1 gene, which increased the chance of her getting breast cancer to 87 percent.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- 6 Ways Practically To Step Out In Courage
- Why Are Evangelicals So Bad At Dealing With Doubt?
- 3 ways Jesus challenges authority
- Is Lindsay Lohan Converting To Islam? Actress Denies Move After Posting Arabic Peace Message On Social Media
- Four evangelistic approaches which probably don't work
- Christian Movie Producer Mark Burnett On Ben Hur And The Forgiveness Of Christ
- Christian Gospel Star Travis Greene To Perform At Donald Trump Inauguration
- Pendant Similar To That Worn By Anne Frank Unearthed In Nazi Concentration Camp
- Five Evangelistic Ideas That Might Actually Work
- Istanbul Nightclub Gunman Arrested - Turkish Officials
- Russell Moore Blasts White Supremacy As 'Cruelly Cunning'
- 'His Glory Is On The Church': Syrians Converting To Christianity Amid Brutal Persecution
- Iraq Church Used As Shooting Range By ISIS Jihadis
- 'We See The Glass Half-Full': Aide To Palestinian President Welcomes Jared Kushner As Peace Envoy
- Christian Pastor Slams Germany's 'Kangaroo Court' Hearings Into Migrant Conversions