Cate Blanchett Oscars 2014 acceptance speech video for Best Actress Award win
UPDATE: Cate Blanchett WINS BEST ACTRESS
The 86th Annual Academy Awards took place tonight, and Cate Blanchett had been the talk of the town to win Best Actress award since last summer, beating Amy Adams, Sandra Bullocks, Judi Dench and Meryl Streep.
And tonight, Blanchett indeed won the Best Actress award.
Watch her acceptance speech below:
Cate Blanchett's performance in Blue Jasmine is mesmerizing and captivates the audience.
In Blue Jasmine, Blanchett plays a New York socialite who loses her mind after losing everything she had – wealth, husband, family and status. Her breakdown comes after finding out her husband's affair and his request for a divorce.
The Australian actress has already won dozens of awards for her role as Jeanette 'Jasmine' Francis, including the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role, BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role, and the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress - Motion Picture Drama.
Blanchett won the Academy Award for Best Supporting actress for her role as Katharine Hepburn in 2004 and she is expected to nab her second Oscars tonight.
The 2014 Oscars award ceremony took place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood Mar. 2, 2014.
Here are seven important facts everyone should be aware of regarding Zika Virus.
An evangelical pastor spanked women's bare bottoms to administer "spiritual discipline", a court has been told.
- Child abuse, the Church and the Goddard inquiry: Why we should all pray it succeeds
- Christian festival bingo: 14 things you'll definitely spot this summer
- 'This world still brims with glory': It's time to rediscover our sense of hope
- Paul Harcourt: It's been a difficult season for New Wine, but we've come out strong
- 3 reasons why giving can be spiritually dangerous
- The one argument that might make a hardline atheist stop and think...
- China's Muslims under threat of religious persecution
- Mike Pence: the evangelical former Catholic who may yet save Donald Trump
- Soul Survivor on the move, last year for sister festival Momentum
- Sir Cliff Richard could see BBC in court after corporation rejects his damages claim
- Democrats in disarray over party's attempts to brand Bernie Sanders as an atheist
- Erdogan shuts schools and charities as he tightens grip on Turkey
- Ted Cruz 'not a Christian' after refusing to endorse Trump
- FBI special agent called out for omitting God from U.S. Pledge of Allegiance
- Have Western churches and governments abandoned millions of Christians in this 'fractured country'?