Cate Blanchett Oscars 2014 acceptance speech video for Best Actress Award win
UPDATE: Cate Blanchett WINS BEST ACTRESS
The 86th Annual Academy Awards took place tonight, and Cate Blanchett had been the talk of the town to win Best Actress award since last summer, beating Amy Adams, Sandra Bullocks, Judi Dench and Meryl Streep.
And tonight, Blanchett indeed won the Best Actress award.
Watch her acceptance speech below:
Cate Blanchett's performance in Blue Jasmine is mesmerizing and captivates the audience.
In Blue Jasmine, Blanchett plays a New York socialite who loses her mind after losing everything she had – wealth, husband, family and status. Her breakdown comes after finding out her husband's affair and his request for a divorce.
The Australian actress has already won dozens of awards for her role as Jeanette 'Jasmine' Francis, including the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role, BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role, and the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress - Motion Picture Drama.
Blanchett won the Academy Award for Best Supporting actress for her role as Katharine Hepburn in 2004 and she is expected to nab her second Oscars tonight.
The 2014 Oscars award ceremony took place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood Mar. 2, 2014.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- The Tax Collector And The Pharisee: How God's Mercy Is Shown To Unexpected People
- 3 Things That Need Your Prayers This Weekend
- The Crowd-Funded Bible That Reaches Out To The Young Kids Of Instagram
- The Lonely Catholic President: The Faith Of JFK
- How Britain Could Help Stamp Out Massive Global Corruption – Really Easily
- 10 Books Every Church Preacher Should Read
- 'Killer Clowns' And Flesh-Eating Zombies: How To Talk To Your Kids About Halloween
- The Offensive Teaching Of Jesus That Christians Have Tried To Tone Down
- This Christian Woman Was Locked In A Shipping Container And Tortured - Because She Kept Saying The Name Of Jesus
- 'God Helped Us Come Out of Bondage,' Say 21 Nigerian Schoolgirls Freed by Boko Haram Militants
- Muslim Children As Young As Five In Pakistan Are Being Taught To Hate Christians, Says Archbishop
- Fresh Blow To International Justice Body As South Africa Says It's Quitting
- Churches Around The World Ring Bells For Aleppo As Hundreds Slaughtered In Brutal Siege
- Nigerian Christians Massacred In 'Savage' Attack, At Least 40 Dead
- Charlie Hebdo Mocks New Russian Cathedral: Russians Say It's 'Blasphemous And Scandalous'