'Marvel vs. Capcom 4' release date, news: New game currently being developed?
Multiple sources claim that Capcom is currently developing "Marvel vs. Capcom 4."
A report from Polygon claimed that several sources were saying that the fourth installment of the crossover fighting game is now in the works and will come out in 2017.
The sources reportedly stated that the details about the game are about to be unveiled during the upcoming PlayStation Experience that is scheduled to begin on Saturday, Dec. 3, until Sunday, Dec. 4. According to the report, Capcom will launch the game during the Capcom Cup 2016 "Street Fighter 5" tournament.
The report also noted that fans of the fighting game should look forward to seeing several characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe to be included in the roster. This means that the members of the "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "The Avengers" could be seen in the game like Rocket Racoon, Groot, and Doctor Strange.
However, those who are waiting to see if "X-Men" characters like Cyclops or Magneto will join the roster of "Marvel vs. Capcom 4" might be disappointed since their involvement in the game could be highly unlikely.
Other possible characters who will be featured in the rumored "Marvel vs. Capcom" include the Ant-Man, Squirrel Girl, Misty Knight, Jessica Jones, and Loki.
The Daily Dot, on the other hand, speculated that the upcoming installment of "Marvel vs. Capcom" series will be released as a timed-exclusive PlayStation game just like "Street Fighter 5," but it will eventually have come to Xbox and PC in the future.
Early this year, Marvel Games vice president Jay Ong spoke with Polygon to acknowledge the clamor for the next "Marvel vs. Capcom" game.
"There's nothing we can say at this time," Ong stated during that time. "Let's just say that we hear that a lot. We love our fans and we certainly want to please them. Beyond that we can't say anything at this time. But who knows what the future holds?"
Although, Capcom reportedly refused to comment on the rumors.
Award-winning actor Morgan Freeman took on the role of God in the 2003 film "Bruce Almighty" and its follow-up film "Evan Almighty" in 2007. But this time around, he hopes to be given the opportunity to play the devil.
Moonlight star and Oscar nominee Mahershala Ali has spoken movingly of facing discrimination as a black man after converting from Christianity to Islam.
- Why Are Black Majority Churches Growing So Fast In The UK?
- These Are 5 Qualities That Make A Great Pastor
- When Is Ash Wednesday 2017?
- She Was Looking For Matches To Get High On Heroin – And Instead She Found A Bible And Met Jesus
- The Mystery Of Millennials: They Aren't Who You Think They Are
- Sunday Swimming Row In Scotland Makes A Splash
- Rome's Catholics And Jews Unite In Art Exhibition Celebrating Ancient Biblical Symbol
- 'Chariots Of Fire' Star Eric Liddell: A Life Dedicated To His God
- Moonlight Star Speaks Of Abuse After Converting From Christianity To Islam
- Family Of Missing Christian Woman In Egypt Accuse Police Of Complicity In Her Kidnapping
- 'Hopeless' Muslim Family Try To Commit Suicide — But God Heals Them, With Dead Son Even Restored To Life
- Archaeologists To Start Digging Ancient Site Where They Believe The Ark Of The Covenant Once Stood
- Former Archbishop Of Canterbury Calls Out 'Horrific Blow' Of Famine In South Sudan As UK Announces New Aid Package
- Christians Should Employ Illegal Migrants, Says Norwegian Priest
- Armed Conflict, Starvation And Sickness: The Forgotten Children Caught Up In Lake Chad's Crisis