'Marvel vs. Capcom 4' release date, news: New game currently being developed?
Multiple sources claim that Capcom is currently developing "Marvel vs. Capcom 4."
A report from Polygon claimed that several sources were saying that the fourth installment of the crossover fighting game is now in the works and will come out in 2017.
The sources reportedly stated that the details about the game are about to be unveiled during the upcoming PlayStation Experience that is scheduled to begin on Saturday, Dec. 3, until Sunday, Dec. 4. According to the report, Capcom will launch the game during the Capcom Cup 2016 "Street Fighter 5" tournament.
The report also noted that fans of the fighting game should look forward to seeing several characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe to be included in the roster. This means that the members of the "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "The Avengers" could be seen in the game like Rocket Racoon, Groot, and Doctor Strange.
However, those who are waiting to see if "X-Men" characters like Cyclops or Magneto will join the roster of "Marvel vs. Capcom 4" might be disappointed since their involvement in the game could be highly unlikely.
Other possible characters who will be featured in the rumored "Marvel vs. Capcom" include the Ant-Man, Squirrel Girl, Misty Knight, Jessica Jones, and Loki.
The Daily Dot, on the other hand, speculated that the upcoming installment of "Marvel vs. Capcom" series will be released as a timed-exclusive PlayStation game just like "Street Fighter 5," but it will eventually have come to Xbox and PC in the future.
Early this year, Marvel Games vice president Jay Ong spoke with Polygon to acknowledge the clamor for the next "Marvel vs. Capcom" game.
"There's nothing we can say at this time," Ong stated during that time. "Let's just say that we hear that a lot. We love our fans and we certainly want to please them. Beyond that we can't say anything at this time. But who knows what the future holds?"
Although, Capcom reportedly refused to comment on the rumors.
Today sees the release of Identity, the latest album from Christian artist and 'American Idol' alumt Colton Dixon. It's a heartfelt, ambitious and anthemic effort, worthy of your attention.
'God is tempting me'; 'It's God's fault'; 'The devil made me do it.' We use many creative excuses to rationalise our sin!
- Collateral damage: how factional fighting in the Church damages us all
- #PrayForLondon is the latest #PrayFor hashtag to trend. Sadly, there have been many others
- 6 Scripture verses about the heart – and why they don't mean what you think
- Study shows 'religious' countries are worse at science. What does this really tell us?
- 5 truths to cling to in the midst of uncertainty
- 'Identity' by Colton Dixon: An ambitious, vibrant and hopeful anthem
- Don't blame Islam, don't blame religion: It's people that make the world violent
- Persevering when times are tough: 6 scriptures to help you keep going
- Is it ever God's fault when we sin?
- Douglas Carswell quits UKIP, says he will remain as independent MP
- Pope Francis warns EU risks dying, faces 'vacuum of values'
- Israel 'ignores' UN demand to end settlement building in occupied territories
- Republicans in disarray as Trump fails to repeal Obamacare
- Pastor reveals horror of child sacrifices in Uganda, claims murder of innocents is big business
- Christianity is 'over' in Iraq, but 'God is not dead despite terrible persecution,' says 'Vicar of Baghdad'