Lady Gaga "Do What You Want" AMA 2013 performance video with R. Kelly is a presidential skit
Lady Gaga performed her brand new single "Do What You Want" at the 2013 AMA Video Music Awards on Nov. 24 from her new album "ARTPOP" with R. Kelly.
Lady Gaga's performance was among a number of electrifying performances at the award show this weekend.
Lady Gaga's performance with R. Kelly started off as a presidential skit with a White House theme. The singer wore a silvery dress as she communicated with 'President Kelly' on the phone.
Prior to tonight's performance, Lady Gaga arrived at the AMAs on a white horse (see video below).
"Do What You Want" is a single off of Lady Gaga's latest album which was released on Nov. 11 in conjunction with a launch party from Brooklyn Navy Yard. Over 1,800 fans joined the party.
The original cover art of "ARTPOP" features Lady Gaga nude, which is deemed inappropriate in many counties. With the original being banned, different cover versions have been printed for countries in the Middle East and Indonesia.
The singer's release of "ARTPOP" is the first album in almost two and a half years since her second studio album, "Born This Way" which was released May 23, 2011.
Lady Gaga rose to international stardom with her debut studio album, "The Fame," in 2008. Her hit songs from her first album included "Just Dance" and "Poker Face." The following year, she released her EP "The Fame Monster" with hit songs "Bad Romance," "Telephone," and "Alejandro."
The 27-year-old artist's second studio album "Born This Way" was also a success, producing songs such as "Born This Way," "Judas," and "The Edge of Glory."
See the video of Lady Gaga's AMA performance of "Do What You Want" below:
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Does Friday's Black Moon Foretell The End Of The World?
- Songs For The Faithless: 13 Highlights From The Secular Hymn Book
- One Wild Life: The Christian Today Review Of The New Gungor Album 'Body'
- It's Time For Christians To Go To War On Antisemitism
- How The Bible Challenges African Leaders On Corruption
- Could This App Help The Gospel Reach The Muslim World?
- Why I'm Glad To Be A Christian Extremist
- Why Are Tens Of Thousands Of Christians Celebrating In Ethiopia?
- How To Be A Really Bad Disciple
- 7 Christians Punished Under Draconian Blasphemy Laws
- Archbishop Of York Accuses Europe Of 'Shunting' Refugees To 'Soft Touch' Britain
- How Billy Graham's Adulterous Grandson Survived Thoughts Of Suicide
- In Death, Peres Brings Together Palestinian President And Israeli PM
- Should Christians Be Pacifists? No, Say Influential Evangelicals
- Could Evangelical Christians Soon Be Running Brazil?