Katherine Russell DNA Does Not Match Female DNA Found on Boston Bomb Residue
Katherine Russell, the 24-year-old wife of late Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, is currently under scrutiny by authorities after explosive residues were reportedly discovered in the sink and bathtub in the residence that she share with him with their 3-year-old daughter.
Apart from the residues, a copy of the al Qaeda magazine Inspire was also found in the residence, prompting speculation that Russell may have known more about the bombings than was previously believed.
Tamerlan and his younger brother Dzhokhar are believed to be the prime suspects in the twin bombings at the end of the marathon finish line April 15 that claimed 3 lives and injured over 200. Over a dozen of those injured had lost one or more limbs in the tragic terrorist attack.
Tamerlan died after a police confrontation on April 18 and Dzhokhar was finally captured the following day following one of the biggest manhunts in American history.
Authorities believe that the bombs were home-made and that they are likely to have been made in Tamerlan's residence he shared with Russell on Norfolk Street in Cambridge, Mass.
Meanwhile, Tamerlan is believed to have communicated with his wife soon after pictures of him and his brother were released by the FBI. Russell reportedly sent a text message to her husband.
Russell has previously denied any involvement or knowledge of the horrific crime committed by her husband and brother-in-law.
A woman's DNA was also found in the bomb residue but they reportedly do not match that of Russell's.
ISIS genocide crimes must be investigated by the International Criminal Court, three European politicians urged in a letter this week.
ISIS fighters have abducted "tens of thousands" of men, women and children from areas around Mosul to use as human shields, the UN human rights office said on Friday.
- Light Out Of Darkness: A Review Of Leonard Cohen's 'You Want It Darker'
- Are Churches Really As Unwelcoming As Surveys Say?
- Why Pope Francis May Get The Cold Shoulder In Sweden
- God & The Presidency: The Faith of Dwight D Eisenhower
- Why I Left Church And Why I'm Going Back Again
- Out Of The Darkness: How God Transformed A Violent Criminal
- Doctor Strange: The Most Theological Marvel Movie So Far
- The Church And Argentina's Dirty War: Why The Vatican Needs To Open Its Files
- Sikh Woman Converts To Christianity After Praying To Jesus
- Exclusive: Mystery Over Whether Gay Vicar 'Outed' The Bishop Of Grantham
- Cuba's Crackdown Continues: Pastor Under House Arrest For Loud Worship Services
- Why Do Politicians Ignore What The Public Really Thinks About Abortion?
- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte Says God Spoke to Him on Plane, Told Him to Stop Cussing
- Child Migrants: France And Britain Trade Accusations About Treatment
- Religious Freedom 'Is A Litmus Test Of Overall Freedom' Says EU Special Envoy