Jackman's wife doesn't like Wolverine bod [VIDEO]; prefers chubbier Hugh?
Actor Hugh Jackman who stars in Marvel Comic's upcoming superhero movie "The Wolverine, " said that his wife Deborra-Lee Furness does not like his shirtless Wolverine body.
"Deb will tell you that she doesn't like it. She prefers me chubby because it makes her look better," Jackman told ET. He said that he first met Furness when his body was not so chiseled. "I don't know. I met her on a prison drama where I was pretty jacked in that, and I dare say we wouldn't be together if I hadn't met her with that body."
The Australian actor explained that he had to train very hard to achieve the look of the shirtless Wolverine physique. He told DailyMail that he ate so much chicken to work his diet. "It's not good for me to eat 6,000 calories a day. I have to eat a dozen eggs every day. The only way (varying the diet) works is eating chicken. I know there are vegan body builders but chicken is what works for me. Lots and lots of chicken ... I worry I'll have a heart attack.''
The 44-year-old recently revealed that he used his 'childhood rage' over his brother who used to bully him for dancing to take on the role of Wolverine.
"I was bullied by my big brother," he told DailyMail. "Playing Wolverine makes me think how I used to fight with my brother. He used to call me poofter and sissy for being interested in dancing. And by the time he said there was nothing wrong with that, I was too old. I was 18 by then. I stopped myself being Billy Elliot. I didn't have the guts. But the rage I felt then, I can use to play Wolverine.''
Jackman and his wife have been married for 17 years after meeting on the set of Correlli. The pair have two adopted children, Oscar Maximillia, 13, and Ava Eliot, 8.
"The Wolverine" will be released July 26 in the United States.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- The Lesson For Labour From Its Forgotten Christian Socialist Leader: For The Greater Good, Corbyn Should Resign
- Five Scriptures For When You're Feeling Confused
- The 21st Century Solution To Displaying 16th Century Luther Artefacts: Print Them In 3D
- 3 Strategies For Online Soul-Protection
- Will A Christian Film Win Best Picture? Christian Today's Oscar Predictions
- Exclusive Michael Gove Interview: On Trump Quitting Early, Not Talking To Cameron And Being A Flawed Christian
- New Planets Have Been Discovered That Could Support Alien Life. Here Are 10 Questions For Christians
- Brand New VeggieTales Brings Godly Vegetables Back To Netflix: Exclusive Clips
- 'I Miss My Father': Daughter Of Murdered Missionary Jim Elliot Speaks Out
- In France, People Who Speak Against Abortion Will Now Be Treated As Criminals
- Christian Astrophysicist Sees Little Chance Of Alien Life In New Earth-Size Planets Discovered By NASA
- Christian Family Of ISIS Suicide Bomber Believe He Was 'Brainwashed'
- Drive-Through Ash Wednesday Blessings To Be Given Out At This Irish Church
- Opposition To Philippine's President Duterte Turn Historic Event Into Protest March
- Iraqi Forces Push Into Western Mosul And Launch Airstrikes In Syria