iPhone 6 Air and iPhablet to release in Q2 and Q3: Screen sizes confirmed to 4.7 and 5.5 inch?
Apple's next-generation smartphone(s) will most likely come with larger displays.
Rumors of an iPhone phablet and an iPhone 6 have been rampant, and latest reports state that the smartphones will come with both a 5.5 inch and 4.7 inch display respectively.
DisplaySearch's David Hsieh recently predicted that the phablet sized smartphone will feature a 5.5 inch display with a resolution of 1920x1080 at 401 ppi. The smaller 4.7 inch sized phone will have a resolution of 1600x900 with 386 ppi.
The purported 4.7 inch iPhone 6, dubbed the iPhone Air is also rumored to be ultra thin, coming in at only 6 mm thick. The currently iPhone 5S is 7.6mm thick, so the new phone will be significantly thinner than its predecessor.
The 5.5 inch iPhone phablet line may be the first handset to be released this year, possibly in May. The 4.7 inch iPhone Air will likely be unveiled in September.
Both phones will likely pack an upgraded A8 processor with dedicated M8 chip, 4GB RAM, 128 storage and improved fingerprint security features. The handsets have also been rumored to come in a 'liquidmetal' casing.
The iPhone 6 is expected to take further steps to ensure security and has been rumored to feature facial technology, which detects and recognizes actual faces. The company also acquired PrimeSense last year, which produces gesture-detecting sensors. This may mean that the phone may come with 3D motion sensors similar to that of the Kinect.
As the tablet market increases, Apple is said to be stepping up the game by upgrading the size of its flagship iPad. The rumored iPad Pro may have a whopping 12-inch retina display with a resolution of 2732x2048 at 264 ppi.
Here are seven important facts everyone should be aware of regarding Zika Virus.
An evangelical pastor spanked women's bare bottoms to administer "spiritual discipline", a court has been told.
- Child abuse, the Church and the Goddard inquiry: Why we should all pray it succeeds
- Christian festival bingo: 14 things you'll definitely spot this summer
- 'This world still brims with glory': It's time to rediscover our sense of hope
- Paul Harcourt: It's been a difficult season for New Wine, but we've come out strong
- 3 reasons why giving can be spiritually dangerous
- The one argument that might make a hardline atheist stop and think...
- China's Muslims under threat of religious persecution
- Mike Pence: the evangelical former Catholic who may yet save Donald Trump
- Soul Survivor on the move, last year for sister festival Momentum
- Sir Cliff Richard could see BBC in court after corporation rejects his damages claim
- Democrats in disarray over party's attempts to brand Bernie Sanders as an atheist
- Erdogan shuts schools and charities as he tightens grip on Turkey
- Ted Cruz 'not a Christian' after refusing to endorse Trump
- FBI special agent called out for omitting God from U.S. Pledge of Allegiance
- Have Western churches and governments abandoned millions of Christians in this 'fractured country'?