iPhone 6 Air and iPhablet to release in Q2 and Q3: Screen sizes confirmed to 4.7 and 5.5 inch?
Apple's next-generation smartphone(s) will most likely come with larger displays.
Rumors of an iPhone phablet and an iPhone 6 have been rampant, and latest reports state that the smartphones will come with both a 5.5 inch and 4.7 inch display respectively.
DisplaySearch's David Hsieh recently predicted that the phablet sized smartphone will feature a 5.5 inch display with a resolution of 1920x1080 at 401 ppi. The smaller 4.7 inch sized phone will have a resolution of 1600x900 with 386 ppi.
The purported 4.7 inch iPhone 6, dubbed the iPhone Air is also rumored to be ultra thin, coming in at only 6 mm thick. The currently iPhone 5S is 7.6mm thick, so the new phone will be significantly thinner than its predecessor.
The 5.5 inch iPhone phablet line may be the first handset to be released this year, possibly in May. The 4.7 inch iPhone Air will likely be unveiled in September.
Both phones will likely pack an upgraded A8 processor with dedicated M8 chip, 4GB RAM, 128 storage and improved fingerprint security features. The handsets have also been rumored to come in a 'liquidmetal' casing.
The iPhone 6 is expected to take further steps to ensure security and has been rumored to feature facial technology, which detects and recognizes actual faces. The company also acquired PrimeSense last year, which produces gesture-detecting sensors. This may mean that the phone may come with 3D motion sensors similar to that of the Kinect.
As the tablet market increases, Apple is said to be stepping up the game by upgrading the size of its flagship iPad. The rumored iPad Pro may have a whopping 12-inch retina display with a resolution of 2732x2048 at 264 ppi.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Why It's Ok To Be A 'Spineless Christian'
- The Glorious Truth Of All Saints Day, And Why It's Better Than Halloween
- Light Out Of Darkness: A Review Of Leonard Cohen's 'You Want It Darker'
- Are Churches Really As Unwelcoming As Surveys Say?
- Why Pope Francis May Get The Cold Shoulder In Sweden
- God & The Presidency: The Faith of Dwight D Eisenhower
- Why I Left Church And Why I'm Going Back Again
- Out Of The Darkness: How God Transformed A Violent Criminal
- Three Places That Need Your Prayers This Weekend
- Why Are English Cathedrals So Successful? Government Minister Begins Grand Tour To Find Out
- Pope Francis Accepts Invitation From South Sudan Church Leaders To Visit War-Torn Nation
- ISIS Genocide Must Be Punished In Court - Leading European Politicians
- ISIS Abduct 'Tens Of Thousands' To Use As Human Shields In Mosul
- Exclusive: Mystery Over Whether Gay Vicar 'Outed' The Bishop Of Grantham