iPhone 6 Air and iPhablet to release in Q2 and Q3: Screen sizes confirmed to 4.7 and 5.5 inch?
Apple's next-generation smartphone(s) will most likely come with larger displays.
Rumors of an iPhone phablet and an iPhone 6 have been rampant, and latest reports state that the smartphones will come with both a 5.5 inch and 4.7 inch display respectively.
DisplaySearch's David Hsieh recently predicted that the phablet sized smartphone will feature a 5.5 inch display with a resolution of 1920x1080 at 401 ppi. The smaller 4.7 inch sized phone will have a resolution of 1600x900 with 386 ppi.
The purported 4.7 inch iPhone 6, dubbed the iPhone Air is also rumored to be ultra thin, coming in at only 6 mm thick. The currently iPhone 5S is 7.6mm thick, so the new phone will be significantly thinner than its predecessor.
The 5.5 inch iPhone phablet line may be the first handset to be released this year, possibly in May. The 4.7 inch iPhone Air will likely be unveiled in September.
Both phones will likely pack an upgraded A8 processor with dedicated M8 chip, 4GB RAM, 128 storage and improved fingerprint security features. The handsets have also been rumored to come in a 'liquidmetal' casing.
The iPhone 6 is expected to take further steps to ensure security and has been rumored to feature facial technology, which detects and recognizes actual faces. The company also acquired PrimeSense last year, which produces gesture-detecting sensors. This may mean that the phone may come with 3D motion sensors similar to that of the Kinect.
As the tablet market increases, Apple is said to be stepping up the game by upgrading the size of its flagship iPad. The rumored iPad Pro may have a whopping 12-inch retina display with a resolution of 2732x2048 at 264 ppi.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Justin Bieber Sells His Custom Ferrari At Profit, Says He Will Donate Proceeds to Charity
- 70 Thoughts You Have When Reading The Bible
- Is Donald Trump The Antichrist?
- Vatican Launches New YouTube Channel So Priceless Christian Art Can Reach 'All Corners Of The Earth'
- Did Jesus Really Tell Us To Ask God For Daily Bread?
- Time For A Mental Spring Clean - To Become Who We Are Created In Christ To Be
- Did Clergyman Avoid Shaking Donald Trump's Hand During Inauguration Day Prayer Service?
- What Should Christians Do Now That Donald Trump Is President?
- 'Lion' Makes A Strong Case For God Without Ever Mentioning Him
- ISIS Burns Alive Mother and Her 4 Children After They Were Caught Trying to Leave the Caliphate
- Religious Leaders Offer Unprecedented Prayers for God's Blessings During Trump's Inauguration
- Persecuted Christian Group Free Burma Rangers Extends Helping Hand to ISIS Victims in Iraq
- 'Jihadists Used Our Church As A Shooting Range': Iraqi Christians Return Home To Devastation
- 'Christianophobic' Attacks In France Have Risen to 38 Percent in 2016, Group Reveals
- Mosque Joins Growing Sanctuary Movement As Trump Pledges To Crackdown On Immigration