iMac 2016 release date, specs: Next-gen desktop machine to arrive next month with better graphics specs?
The iMac 2016 is rumored to be using the Advance Micro Devices (AMD) Radeon RX series graphics cards which Apple is planning to release later this year. The next Apple desktop machines are said to carry more serious power in its graphics department that is needed for gaming and VR.
It is speculated that Apple would be including Polaris 10 and Polaris 11 chips to their desktop machines. These GPU chips are known to offer high-definition display capabilities that are needed to have an immersive gaming and VR experience, not to mention that they are both power efficient.
AMD has recently released the RX 470 and RX 480, both very powerful and easy on the budget, which could also make the next gen iMacs to be an option for VR enthusiast. Apple does not sell much of its desktop machines compared to the volume of PC compatibles but is considered a major product and still produce a substantial amount of income.
Aside from an upgraded GPU, its processor will definitely need to level up. Intel's Kaby Lake may not still be available by the time the iMac 2016 gets a release, so, the machines will stay with Skylake. Apple could use the latest one and not the one-year-old variants that it has used the last time. This also means that the 2016 versions of its all-in-one (AIO) line will get a bit faster and a bit powerful as well.
Additionally, there are also speculations that an ultra-clear monitor, capable of support for 5K display resolution, is said to be in the works and is rumored to be partaken by LG Electronics. This is a stand-alone display, but this could also be used in their AIOs. This will be a big plus for the company, especially if they want to step into to the gaming arena. Hardcore gamers would definitely wish for one.
A Thunderbolt 3 port and USB 3.1 ports are also expected to arrive with the machine.
The community is speculating that another media event will happen sometime in October where the iMac 3016 is said to launch.
If you're exhausted by the battle to stay ahead, maybe it's time to break your programming and turn comparison on its head.
Right now some fresh-faced University students will be looking for a Church. How can you best welcome them in?
- Struggling With Comparing Yourself To Others? Time To Do Something About It
- Why Does God Allow Depression?
- Could Orthodox Churches Recognise The Pope? It's No Longer Completely Unthinkable
- Bieber Sings Delirious? Six Other Musical Acts And The Worship Songs They Should Cover
- Finding Focus: Four Ideas For The Desperately Distracted
- In Good Times And Bad, Why Psalm 23 Will See Us Through
- Leonard Cohen: 10 Of His Best Songs About Faith, God and Spirituality
- The Christian Comeback Is Coming, Says Brian McLaren
- 5 New Testament Passages Your Pastor Has (Probably) Never Preached On
- Over 160 ISIS militants killed in coalition airstrike in Iraq; jihadists surround Mosul with oil tanks
- Boko Haram militants shoot Christians returning home from church in Nigeria, killing 8; 2 other attacks claim 10 lives
- Chinese businessman who converted to Christianity from Buddhism to build $1.2m Noah's Ark replica
- Why The Church Has Got To Start Caring About Persecuted Christians
- Twelve Killed In Iraq In First Attack Of Its Kind Since 2015
- Three Shot Dead In Washington Mall Shooting