Game of Thrones season 4 spoilers: Neil Marshall to direct finale, Pedro Pascal cast as Red Viper Oberyn Martell
Neil Marshall has reportedly signed on to direct the Game of Thrones' season 4 finale episode. Marshall directed the "Blackwater" episode in season 2, and according to Empire Online, he is set to direct the finale which takes place "at The Wall, with Mance Rayder."
The scene is set to be The Battle of Castle Black, which will lead Jon Snow to in becoming the leader of the Watch.
Game of Thrones was renewed for its 4th season after its record-breaking 3rd season finale. The season 4 production will be underway shortly and some casting news have been revealed regarding the new series.
It was recently announced that Chilean actor Pedro Pascal was cast to play the Red Viper Oberyn Martell. The casting had stirred controversy from fans.
However, Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin defended Pascal's casting in a blog.
Martin wrote on his blog: "I wasn't present for Pedro Pascal's audition, but I understand that he really killed it with his reading. And since his casting was announced, the producer of another TV show on which he appeared recently has written me to say how terrific Pascal is, and to congratulate us on the casting. So I suspect that he will turn out to be a wonderful Red Viper.
"I do know that David and Dan and HBO do favor having a racially and ethnically diverse cast on the series. It is true that we've lost several black characters who appear in the novels (Chataya and Alayaya, Jalabhar Xho, Strong Belwas), but to balance that, characters like Salladhor Saan and Xaro Xhoan Daxos, both white in the books, have been played by black actors. Missandei as well, though in the books the Naathi are golden-skinned, not white.
"As for the Dornishmen, well, though by and large I reject one to one analogies, I've always pictured the 'salty Dornish' as being more Mediterranean than African in appearance; Greek, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, etc. Dark hair and eyes, olive skin. Pedro Pascal is Chilean. (Check out Amok's version of the Red Viper, that's how I saw him. Or Magali Villenueve's beautiful and sexy portrait of Princess Arianne)."
Along with Oberyn Martell, other characters such as Mace Tyrell and The Magnar of Thenn will make an appearance on season 4.
Season 4 of HBO's wildly popular series will debut in Spring 2014.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- The Lesson For Labour From Its Forgotten Christian Socialist Leader: For The Greater Good, Corbyn Should Resign
- Five Scriptures For When You're Feeling Confused
- The 21st Century Solution To Displaying 16th Century Luther Artefacts: Print Them In 3D
- 3 Strategies For Online Soul-Protection
- Will A Christian Film Win Best Picture? Christian Today's Oscar Predictions
- Exclusive Michael Gove Interview: On Trump Quitting Early, Not Talking To Cameron And Being A Flawed Christian
- New Planets Have Been Discovered That Could Support Alien Life. Here Are 10 Questions For Christians
- Brand New VeggieTales Brings Godly Vegetables Back To Netflix: Exclusive Clips
- 'I Miss My Father': Daughter Of Murdered Missionary Jim Elliot Speaks Out
- Drive-Through Ash Wednesday Blessings To Be Given Out At This Irish Church
- Opposition To Philippine's President Duterte Turn Historic Event Into Protest March
- Iraqi Forces Push Into Western Mosul And Launch Airstrikes In Syria
- Islamist Extremists Attack Churches, Terrorise Nuns In Bid To Sabotage Church's Peace Mission In The Congo
- ISIS Brutes Hang Young Mother From Cables And Rape Her Every Day For A Month In Front Of Her Children
- Why Building A Stone Factory Near Mosul Was The Way For Open Doors To Help Hundreds Of People