Game of Thrones season 4 spoilers: Neil Marshall to direct finale, Pedro Pascal cast as Red Viper Oberyn Martell
Neil Marshall has reportedly signed on to direct the Game of Thrones' season 4 finale episode. Marshall directed the "Blackwater" episode in season 2, and according to Empire Online, he is set to direct the finale which takes place "at The Wall, with Mance Rayder."
The scene is set to be The Battle of Castle Black, which will lead Jon Snow to in becoming the leader of the Watch.
Game of Thrones was renewed for its 4th season after its record-breaking 3rd season finale. The season 4 production will be underway shortly and some casting news have been revealed regarding the new series.
It was recently announced that Chilean actor Pedro Pascal was cast to play the Red Viper Oberyn Martell. The casting had stirred controversy from fans.
However, Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin defended Pascal's casting in a blog.
Martin wrote on his blog: "I wasn't present for Pedro Pascal's audition, but I understand that he really killed it with his reading. And since his casting was announced, the producer of another TV show on which he appeared recently has written me to say how terrific Pascal is, and to congratulate us on the casting. So I suspect that he will turn out to be a wonderful Red Viper.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
"I do know that David and Dan and HBO do favor having a racially and ethnically diverse cast on the series. It is true that we've lost several black characters who appear in the novels (Chataya and Alayaya, Jalabhar Xho, Strong Belwas), but to balance that, characters like Salladhor Saan and Xaro Xhoan Daxos, both white in the books, have been played by black actors. Missandei as well, though in the books the Naathi are golden-skinned, not white.
"As for the Dornishmen, well, though by and large I reject one to one analogies, I've always pictured the 'salty Dornish' as being more Mediterranean than African in appearance; Greek, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, etc. Dark hair and eyes, olive skin. Pedro Pascal is Chilean. (Check out Amok's version of the Red Viper, that's how I saw him. Or Magali Villenueve's beautiful and sexy portrait of Princess Arianne)."
Along with Oberyn Martell, other characters such as Mace Tyrell and The Magnar of Thenn will make an appearance on season 4.
Season 4 of HBO's wildly popular series will debut in Spring 2014.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- 6 Worships Songs You Might Not Know, But Should
- After Trump, What Now For Christians In America? Obama Faith Advisor Speaks Out
- From Bethlehem To Bedford: What If Mary And Joseph Were 21st Century Refugees?
- 10 Brilliant Ways To Countdown To Christmas With Your Kids
- No Women Speakers At Your Christian Event? Here's How That Could Change
- Archbishop Of York: Government Must Not 'Scapegoat' Migrants For Failures In Housing And Jobs
- The First Trailer For The Shack Movie Is Here... And It Looks Heartbreaking, Beautiful And Brilliant
- Buzzfeed, Fixer Upper, And Gay Marriage: 3 Questions To Ask
- Turkey Crackdown Turns On US Christians, Analysts Warn
- Italy In Turmoil After It Rejects Renzi Reforms
- Putin Says Trump 'Clever', Will Understand New Responsibilities
- Rebels Say They Won't Leave Aleppo; Syrian Army Sees Operation Over In Weeks
- Mourners Gather At Church To Remember Oakland Fire Victims
- Church in Australia Removing References to Christ, Steering Clear of Religious Symbols?