Game of Thrones season 4 spoilers: Neil Marshall to direct finale, Pedro Pascal cast as Red Viper Oberyn Martell
Neil Marshall has reportedly signed on to direct the Game of Thrones' season 4 finale episode. Marshall directed the "Blackwater" episode in season 2, and according to Empire Online, he is set to direct the finale which takes place "at The Wall, with Mance Rayder."
The scene is set to be The Battle of Castle Black, which will lead Jon Snow to in becoming the leader of the Watch.
Game of Thrones was renewed for its 4th season after its record-breaking 3rd season finale. The season 4 production will be underway shortly and some casting news have been revealed regarding the new series.
It was recently announced that Chilean actor Pedro Pascal was cast to play the Red Viper Oberyn Martell. The casting had stirred controversy from fans.
However, Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin defended Pascal's casting in a blog.
Martin wrote on his blog: "I wasn't present for Pedro Pascal's audition, but I understand that he really killed it with his reading. And since his casting was announced, the producer of another TV show on which he appeared recently has written me to say how terrific Pascal is, and to congratulate us on the casting. So I suspect that he will turn out to be a wonderful Red Viper.
"I do know that David and Dan and HBO do favor having a racially and ethnically diverse cast on the series. It is true that we've lost several black characters who appear in the novels (Chataya and Alayaya, Jalabhar Xho, Strong Belwas), but to balance that, characters like Salladhor Saan and Xaro Xhoan Daxos, both white in the books, have been played by black actors. Missandei as well, though in the books the Naathi are golden-skinned, not white.
"As for the Dornishmen, well, though by and large I reject one to one analogies, I've always pictured the 'salty Dornish' as being more Mediterranean than African in appearance; Greek, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, etc. Dark hair and eyes, olive skin. Pedro Pascal is Chilean. (Check out Amok's version of the Red Viper, that's how I saw him. Or Magali Villenueve's beautiful and sexy portrait of Princess Arianne)."
Along with Oberyn Martell, other characters such as Mace Tyrell and The Magnar of Thenn will make an appearance on season 4.
Season 4 of HBO's wildly popular series will debut in Spring 2014.
Here are seven important facts everyone should be aware of regarding Zika Virus.
An evangelical pastor spanked women's bare bottoms to administer "spiritual discipline", a court has been told.
- Child abuse, the Church and the Goddard inquiry: Why we should all pray it succeeds
- Christian festival bingo: 14 things you'll definitely spot this summer
- 'This world still brims with glory': It's time to rediscover our sense of hope
- Paul Harcourt: It's been a difficult season for New Wine, but we've come out strong
- 3 reasons why giving can be spiritually dangerous
- The one argument that might make a hardline atheist stop and think...
- China's Muslims under threat of religious persecution
- Mike Pence: the evangelical former Catholic who may yet save Donald Trump
- Soul Survivor on the move, last year for sister festival Momentum
- Sir Cliff Richard could see BBC in court after corporation rejects his damages claim
- Democrats in disarray over party's attempts to brand Bernie Sanders as an atheist
- Erdogan shuts schools and charities as he tightens grip on Turkey
- Ted Cruz 'not a Christian' after refusing to endorse Trump
- FBI special agent called out for omitting God from U.S. Pledge of Allegiance
- Have Western churches and governments abandoned millions of Christians in this 'fractured country'?