Game of Thrones season 4 spoilers: Neil Marshall to direct finale, Pedro Pascal cast as Red Viper Oberyn Martell
Neil Marshall has reportedly signed on to direct the Game of Thrones' season 4 finale episode. Marshall directed the "Blackwater" episode in season 2, and according to Empire Online, he is set to direct the finale which takes place "at The Wall, with Mance Rayder."
The scene is set to be The Battle of Castle Black, which will lead Jon Snow to in becoming the leader of the Watch.
Game of Thrones was renewed for its 4th season after its record-breaking 3rd season finale. The season 4 production will be underway shortly and some casting news have been revealed regarding the new series.
It was recently announced that Chilean actor Pedro Pascal was cast to play the Red Viper Oberyn Martell. The casting had stirred controversy from fans.
However, Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin defended Pascal's casting in a blog.
Martin wrote on his blog: "I wasn't present for Pedro Pascal's audition, but I understand that he really killed it with his reading. And since his casting was announced, the producer of another TV show on which he appeared recently has written me to say how terrific Pascal is, and to congratulate us on the casting. So I suspect that he will turn out to be a wonderful Red Viper.
"I do know that David and Dan and HBO do favor having a racially and ethnically diverse cast on the series. It is true that we've lost several black characters who appear in the novels (Chataya and Alayaya, Jalabhar Xho, Strong Belwas), but to balance that, characters like Salladhor Saan and Xaro Xhoan Daxos, both white in the books, have been played by black actors. Missandei as well, though in the books the Naathi are golden-skinned, not white.
"As for the Dornishmen, well, though by and large I reject one to one analogies, I've always pictured the 'salty Dornish' as being more Mediterranean than African in appearance; Greek, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, etc. Dark hair and eyes, olive skin. Pedro Pascal is Chilean. (Check out Amok's version of the Red Viper, that's how I saw him. Or Magali Villenueve's beautiful and sexy portrait of Princess Arianne)."
Along with Oberyn Martell, other characters such as Mace Tyrell and The Magnar of Thenn will make an appearance on season 4.
Season 4 of HBO's wildly popular series will debut in Spring 2014.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- 40 ways to invest in your marriage during Lent
- Victoria's Secret Lingerie Model Adriana Lima Reveals She Carries A Bible To Shows And Believes In 'Angels'
- This Tennessee Pastor Is Furious After Planned Parenthood Thanks Him For Donations: 'It Wasn't Me'
- Why This Old Testament Verse Is So Special - It's Full Of The Gospel
- 10 Things I've Tried – And Failed – To Give Up For Lent
- 8 Ways To Improve The Preaching In Your Church
- Life Hurts: How God Helped This Christian Doctor In Her Struggle With Anorexia
- Remembering George Herbert: 10 Quotes From The Great Priest And Poet
- Tim Keller's Leaving Redeemer Presbyterian: 5 Lessons For Christian Leaders
- Egypt's Churches Condemn ISIS' 'Terrorist Acts Of Murder' Against Christians
- French Evangelicals Release 'Convictions' Document Ahead Of Elections
- Egypt Exodus: Hundreds Of Christians Flee As ISIS Militants Go On Killing Spree
- Bishop Angaelos Implores Action For Egypt's Coptic Christians 'Being Killed In The Streets'
- Where Is Jeff Woodke? Concern Grows For Missing US Missionary
- Mexican Church Says Trump Migrant Plans Are 'Terrorism'