Game of Thrones season 4 spoilers: Neil Marshall to direct finale, Pedro Pascal cast as Red Viper Oberyn Martell
Neil Marshall has reportedly signed on to direct the Game of Thrones' season 4 finale episode. Marshall directed the "Blackwater" episode in season 2, and according to Empire Online, he is set to direct the finale which takes place "at The Wall, with Mance Rayder."
The scene is set to be The Battle of Castle Black, which will lead Jon Snow to in becoming the leader of the Watch.
Game of Thrones was renewed for its 4th season after its record-breaking 3rd season finale. The season 4 production will be underway shortly and some casting news have been revealed regarding the new series.
It was recently announced that Chilean actor Pedro Pascal was cast to play the Red Viper Oberyn Martell. The casting had stirred controversy from fans.
However, Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin defended Pascal's casting in a blog.
Martin wrote on his blog: "I wasn't present for Pedro Pascal's audition, but I understand that he really killed it with his reading. And since his casting was announced, the producer of another TV show on which he appeared recently has written me to say how terrific Pascal is, and to congratulate us on the casting. So I suspect that he will turn out to be a wonderful Red Viper.
"I do know that David and Dan and HBO do favor having a racially and ethnically diverse cast on the series. It is true that we've lost several black characters who appear in the novels (Chataya and Alayaya, Jalabhar Xho, Strong Belwas), but to balance that, characters like Salladhor Saan and Xaro Xhoan Daxos, both white in the books, have been played by black actors. Missandei as well, though in the books the Naathi are golden-skinned, not white.
"As for the Dornishmen, well, though by and large I reject one to one analogies, I've always pictured the 'salty Dornish' as being more Mediterranean than African in appearance; Greek, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, etc. Dark hair and eyes, olive skin. Pedro Pascal is Chilean. (Check out Amok's version of the Red Viper, that's how I saw him. Or Magali Villenueve's beautiful and sexy portrait of Princess Arianne)."
Along with Oberyn Martell, other characters such as Mace Tyrell and The Magnar of Thenn will make an appearance on season 4.
Season 4 of HBO's wildly popular series will debut in Spring 2014.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Justin Bieber Sells His Custom Ferrari At Profit, Says He Will Donate Proceeds to Charity
- 70 Thoughts You Have When Reading The Bible
- Is Donald Trump The Antichrist?
- Vatican Launches New YouTube Channel So Priceless Christian Art Can Reach 'All Corners Of The Earth'
- Did Jesus Really Tell Us To Ask God For Daily Bread?
- Time For A Mental Spring Clean - To Become Who We Are Created In Christ To Be
- Did Clergyman Avoid Shaking Donald Trump's Hand During Inauguration Day Prayer Service?
- What Should Christians Do Now That Donald Trump Is President?
- 'Lion' Makes A Strong Case For God Without Ever Mentioning Him
- ISIS Burns Alive Mother and Her 4 Children After They Were Caught Trying to Leave the Caliphate
- Religious Leaders Offer Unprecedented Prayers for God's Blessings During Trump's Inauguration
- Persecuted Christian Group Free Burma Rangers Extends Helping Hand to ISIS Victims in Iraq
- 'Jihadists Used Our Church As A Shooting Range': Iraqi Christians Return Home To Devastation
- 'Christianophobic' Attacks In France Have Risen to 38 Percent in 2016, Group Reveals
- Mosque Joins Growing Sanctuary Movement As Trump Pledges To Crackdown On Immigration