Eta Aquarids Meteor Shower 2013: Peak Time Tonight, Watch Live May 5-6
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower is expected to peak May 5. The peak time for the May meteor showers will be at 9 p.m. EDT, according to the International Meteor Organization (IMO).
For those in Europe, the star show can be watched in the early morning hours of May 6, just a few hours before dawn.
Those living stateside may even catch the shower earlier, on the morning of May 4.
The Eta Aquarids is definitely worth watching if the skies are clear.
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower is the first of two showers that occur each year as of the earth passes through flakes of dust from Halley's. This happens twice - in May and October.
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower radiates within the constellation Aquarius, where viewers normally catch the "shooting stars."
The Orionids will be visible in the period where the earth passes through the dust of Halley's Comet in October.
The Lyrids meteor shower peaked April 22, but many viewers were disappointed due to the bright glow of the moon which prevented the best views.
The Lyrids began on April 16 and continued till April 25. Up to 100 meteors per hour were spotted. The meteors come from the constellation.
The Lyrid meteor shower happens every year in the middle of April when the Earth passes dusty debris from the Comet Thatcher. This meteor shower has been observed by mankind for at least 2,600 years.
The world of work can be an absolute minefield. From figuring out what on earth you're meant to do with your life, to cracking just what a 'business casual' dress-code actually means, it can sometimes feel like one hurdle after another.
Here are five ways that we can miss Christ when we read the scripture.
- What Does The Bible Have To Say About A Trump Presidency?
- Truth And Justice Meet: Why We Should Celebrate The Freedom Of Chelsea Manning
- Unsatisfied At Work? Here's How To Find Fulfilment
- Auschwitz Memorial Museum Director Appeals For Death Camp Staff Documents
- Real Christian Men Do This
- Hope Amid Crisis: Testimonies Of Christian Transformation In War-Torn Syria
- From Homelessness To Hope: Catholic Priest Who Met God On The Streets
- Bishop Eddie Long's Daughter Calls Her Father 'Perfect' In Heartfelt Remembrance
- President's Inauguration And The Bible: An Unconstitutional Convention
- Abortionist Repents, Becomes Pro-Life Advocate After Seeing in His Dreams the Faces of the Children He Killed
- Islamist Extremists Are Killing Christians in Syria Who Refuse to Deny Jesus, Pastor Reveals
- Christians In Sri Lanka Worship Outdoors After Buddhist Radicals Destroyed Their Church
- Muslims Hide Christian Paintings In Former Church To Prevent 'Influence' During Worship
- Chinese Church Leader To Stand Trial As Clampdown On Christianity Tightens
- Persecution Continues In Sudan As Pastor Forced To Leave Over 'Evangelistic Activities'