Eta Aquarids Meteor Shower 2013: Peak Time Tonight, Watch Live May 5-6
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower is expected to peak May 5. The peak time for the May meteor showers will be at 9 p.m. EDT, according to the International Meteor Organization (IMO).
For those in Europe, the star show can be watched in the early morning hours of May 6, just a few hours before dawn.
Those living stateside may even catch the shower earlier, on the morning of May 4.
The Eta Aquarids is definitely worth watching if the skies are clear.
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower is the first of two showers that occur each year as of the earth passes through flakes of dust from Halley's. This happens twice - in May and October.
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower radiates within the constellation Aquarius, where viewers normally catch the "shooting stars."
The Orionids will be visible in the period where the earth passes through the dust of Halley's Comet in October.
The Lyrids meteor shower peaked April 22, but many viewers were disappointed due to the bright glow of the moon which prevented the best views.
The Lyrids began on April 16 and continued till April 25. Up to 100 meteors per hour were spotted. The meteors come from the constellation.
The Lyrid meteor shower happens every year in the middle of April when the Earth passes dusty debris from the Comet Thatcher. This meteor shower has been observed by mankind for at least 2,600 years.
We're not always aware of when God's doing something with the purpose of preparing us for what's to come so we can become frustrated, confused and even disheartened at the time. Identifying some of the ways that He prepare us can help us to be more alert to and appreciative about instances when He's at work in our lives.
Taking time out to assess who you want to be can help you process what God is asking of you
- How 'intentional' are you - with yourself and with God?
- The 99 thoughts you have while listening to a sermon
- Jacques Hamel: The humble priest who was 'treasured' by the community
- Star Trek Beyond: searching for hope in a godless universe
- Controversial evangelist, activist and bestselling 'Left Behind' author dies aged 90
- Scotland's Christian 'saint in the making' Margaret Sinclair to star in new play
- The burning issue: Why the Church has got to start talking about hell
- Come to church this week for poets, rock stars, circus skills and 'champing'
- Lead us not into the temptations of Twitter, warns Pope Francis
- Hillary Clinton victory heralds a new day for women, says Tony Campolo
- Indian Christian forced to 'reconvert' among Hindu extremists' crackdown
- World Youth Day: Hundreds of thousands of young Catholics welcome Pope Francis to Poland
- Syria: Dozens killed in deadly ISIS blast
- Pastor buys dozens of tickets to win assault rifle in raffle – now he'll destroy it
- French Bishops call for day of fasting in response to Jacques Hamel killing