Downton Abbey Season 4 spoilers, cast news: Paul Giamatti's start date schedule - to premiere at Christmas alongside Shirley MacLaine
Downton Abbey Season 4 is eagerly anticipated by fans, and new spoilers and cast rumors are emerging concerning the upcoming season.
In recent news it has been confirmed that Oscar-nominated US actor Paul Giamatti is to join the cast of the hit ITV show. He will join the cast on the Christmas episode, and should be a great addition to the show.
Giamatti will star alongside Elizabeth McGovern as Harold, the brother of Lady Grantham.
Other cast rumors suggest that Dame Kiri Te Kanawa and actor Nigel Harman will appear in the 4th season of the hit TV show.
Gareth Neame, from production company Carnival Films, has said, "We're excited that Paul Giamatti will be joining us on Downton to play Cora's brother Harold, the rather free-spirited uncle to Mary and Edith."
He added, "We can't wait to see him work alongside Shirley MacLaine, who are both sure to upset the Granthams' apple cart in this year's Christmas Day episode."
The British-American drama has become hugely popular in the United States, and this is being reflected in the many new additions of American actors.
According to the BBC, 12.3 million Americans watched the finale of Season 3 on 17 February – that broke the viewership record for broadcaster PBS.
Giamatti is an established actor, having starred in numerous Hollywood movies, as well as winning Emmy and Golden Globe awards for his role as former US president John Adams.
He is currently filming The Amazing Spider-Man 2, where he is playing The Rhino.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- 'Killer Clowns' And Flesh-Eating Zombies: How To Talk To Your Kids About Halloween
- The Offensive Teaching Of Jesus That Christians Have Tried To Tone Down
- This Christian Woman Was Locked In A Shipping Container And Tortured - Because She Kept Saying The Name Of Jesus
- Why Every Christian Should Watch I, Daniel Blake
- How God's Changeless Nature Brings Comfort
- Why Patriarch Kirill Is Really Consecrating Cathedrals In London And Paris
- Evangelicals And Martin Lloyd Jones: Fifty Years Later The Debate Rages On
- What To Do When You Feel Far From God
- Bible Based Video Game Draws Thousands Of Schoolchildren To After School Clubs
- Hillary Clinton Defends Abortion Of Babies At Nine Months In 3rd Presidential Debate; Donald Trump Calls It 'Terrible'
- Max Lucado: My Prediction For Who Will Win The U.S. Presidential Election on November 8
- Archbishop Of Canterbury Adviser Condemns Extremists Who 'Hijack' Sacred Texts
- 'The Pain Was So Intense I Was Afraid I Would Die': Chronic Malnutrition Plagues Children In Niger
- Sikh Mother Healed And Converts To Christianity While Watching Jesus Film
- British Churches Slam Failure To End Aleppo Slaughter