'Dark Souls 3' DLC release date, updates: New 'Ashes of Ariandel' gameplay trailer released, expansion pack arriving next month
"Dark Souls 3" fans are in for a treat. Publisher Bandai Namco has released a new gameplay trailer for the action role-playing game's first DLC, "Ashes of Ariandel." The company did not mind giving out spoilers to the fans.
The gameplay trailer for the upcoming expansion pack is titled "Divert Thine Eyes," and it is set in a snowy landscape. The added mist or fog reduces the player's overall vision but increases the dramatic effect of the game.
The video also highlights several of the opponents that gamers would encounter once the expansion pack is released. The hero got a chance to have a sword fight against an axe-wielding giant creature, a humongous wolf, and several cursed foot soldiers. There were also giant crawling insects, an enemy that holds a scythe that knows a couple of killer moves, and lastly, a boss that wields a large lava-filled cauldron.
Players could expect a couple of new weapons, armor, and magic tricks, in addition to the new environment. The multiplayer mode of the game will also have added features.
"Dark Souls 3" is the third game of the series, and unfortunately, the last. The final two DLC that will arrive in the game will mark the conclusion of the "Souls" story that started in 2009. Developer FromSoftware game director, Hidetaka Miyazaki, stated in an interview with Polygon that "It's time to move away from the Dark Souls franchise."
Miyazaki then added, "As president of From Software, I'm not completely denying the possibility of bringing back the franchise in the future. There could be someone else in my company who wants to work on new installments. But we believe that the series will end after the two DLC."
"I'm not saying I won't work on a Dark Souls-like game or a dark fantasy game. We'd like to carry over some of the good things from the franchise to new products. As new technology is introduced, we would like to take what we learned from Dark Souls and use it in future IP," he said.
"Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel" will launch on Oct. 25 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC. The first DLC will cost $14.99 if purchased on its own and $24.99 for the Season Pass that will include a second unnamed DLC pack, expected to arrive sometime in early 2017.
"Duck Dynasty" star Sadie Robertson is proud of her Christian faith, and she is quite happy whenever she sees kids and teens like her displaying their love for God.
Does God have a place in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Fighting? This is the question asked by Christian radio host Dr. Michael Brown after watching the Saturday night fight between two of the biggest names in the sport.
- Heaven Isn't What You Think It Is (But Don't Panic...)
- God And The Presidency: Ronald Reagan's Fight For Freedom
- Deepwater Horizon: Mark Wahlberg's New Film Draws A Line Between Blind Faith And Christian Hope
- My Cross: Is Sweden's Church Failing To Stand Up For Persecuted Christians?
- How Billy Graham's Adulterous Grandson Survived Thoughts Of Suicide
- Does Friday's Black Moon Foretell The End Of The World?
- Songs For The Faithless: 13 Highlights From The Secular Hymn Book
- One Wild Life: The Christian Today Review Of The New Gungor Album 'Body'
- It's Time For Christians To Go To War On Antisemitism
- Mysterious Veiled Woman With A Pistol Strikes Fear In Heart of ISIS As She Goes On Killing Spree
- Pope Walks A Diplomatic Tightrope In Orthodox Georgia
- Russia sending more warplanes to Syria as diplomacy remains 'on life support'
- Jesus Was Born In India and Practised Yoga, Indian Author Claims
- Manny Pacquiao Says God 'Anointed' Duterte As President 'For A Reason': To Discipline Filipino People
- Do Bible Readings In Church Make You Nod Off? Justin Welby Has Your Number