Brothers save sister from bear attracted to campsite by bacon grease [VIDEO]
A young girl was saved from a bear by her two loving brothers.
The Kelly family, from Utah, were celebrating Father's Day with a camping trip to New Fork, Wyoming, and had a breakfast of bacon. They thought they cleaned up but a bit of bacon grease was left on the grill, which attracted a bear to their campground, according to KSL.
The family was warned of the bear by two staff members of the campground, who yelled that there was a bear. The family's 11-year-old son Baden shouted and waved at the bear, which stopped long enough for the family to go to a cabin for shelter.
But his 7-year-old sister Moriah did not move.
Baden told KSL: "I said, 'Run, Moriah,' and she didn't run, so I got to her and I started running with her, and that's when the bear started running after us. By the time it got to about 10 feet behind us, my brother came running really fast out of his cabin and shouted very loudly."
Luckily, all three were able to reach safety.
Baden says he feels that he did the right thing to save his sister. "We're just lucky that bear wasn't any older because it wasn't able to run fast enough to catch up to us."
Their mother Kamila told KSL: "The moment I saw Moriah being brought up by the staff, it was just such a relief, and she jumped into my arms and said, 'Baden and Logan saved my life.' "
According to their father Brandon, the bear was killed after it tried to attack a park ranger. He described the frightening incident. "It was really scary. "It really made us evaluate what is Father's Day, how can we all get along better and do things and really just bring the whole family together?"
Luckily, no one was hurt other than some property damage that happened.
According to the National Park Service, running should be avoided when confronted with a bear. Noise and waving can show the bear that you are human.
Kathy Jo Pollock, spokesperson for the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest, told Deseret News: "Do not run. Just make a lot of noise. If you do encounter (a bear) that hasn't heard you coming, back away from the bear. Do not turn your back on the bear, because once you turn, you usually start to run and you start to panic and that panics the bear, too."
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Holy Fury: Why Christians Are Sometimes Just Too Nice
- When The Right Goes Bad: Why Christians Shouldn't Be Fooled By The 'Declaration Of Dependence '
- Should Christians Practise Yoga?
- How Can We Stop People Losing Their Faith?
- Why John Piper's View Of Christian Hierarchy Is Fundamentally Secular
- 10 Challenging Quotes From St Francis Of Assisi That Will Change The Way You View Faith
- Why Friendship Is A Better Investment Than Romance
- Can Christians Believe In Astrology?
- The Lie Single Christians Believe And How It's Harming Mission
- ISIS Executes 6 Fighters By Crushing Them With A Bulldozer
- Thousands of people accept Jesus Christ into their hearts as missionaries spark revival in Kenya
- Iraqi Parliament Votes Against New Christian Province In Nineveh Plain
- Thousands protest against same-sex marriage plan in Mexico, call for defence of family values, marriage institution
- Christian missionary ready to risk death to spread the Gospel in his war-torn home of South Sudan
- ISIS executes scores of prisoners in new 'Hell of the Apostates' propaganda video