Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note, HTC One [GUIDE]
The latest firmware by Android(4.2.2 Jelly Bean) is expected to be available for the Samsung Galaxy S3/Galaxy Note by the end of June, but for those who want to update the phone to the latest firmware now can do so through the SlimBean Build 6 Rom, created by the team at SlimRom. However, this update is only available to those who have the Samsung Galaxy 3 GT-19300 model or the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 model.
Features ported into the latest Rom include added TruView for the camera, improvesments to T9 dialer, added DC-HSPA+ to framework, and transparent incoming phone calls. Bugs have also been fixed, including NFC bugs and BT MAP requests.
Click here for the full guide to installing the update for the Galaxy 3 GT-19300 model.
The the SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 6 ROM for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000 model can be downloaded here. Information, download links, instructions, and pre-requisites for the ROM for the Note is available here.
Meanwhile, the 4.2.2 Jelly Bean will be rolling out for the HTC One in the coming weeks.
A Russian HTC Executive tweeted that the software update will be available by the end of this month via the OTA (over the air) update. The HTC One Android 4.2.2 update is currently being rolled out internationally for SIM-free and unlocked handsets but carrier-locked devices will have to wait a few more weeks.
Meanwhile the HTC One Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Google Edition is slated for a June 26 release.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- 6 Scripture verses about the heart – and why they don't mean what you think
- Study shows 'religious' countries are worse at science. What does this really tell us?
- 5 truths to cling to in the midst of uncertainty
- 'Identity' by Colton Dixon: An ambitious, vibrant and hopeful anthem
- Don't blame Islam, don't blame religion: It's people that make the world violent
- Persevering when times are tough: 6 scriptures to help you keep going
- Is it ever God's fault when we sin?
- Music in church can be a battlefield. So what's the point of it?
- In His Grip: A guide to Christian email sign-offs
- Pastor reveals horror of child sacrifices in Uganda, claims murder of innocents is big business
- Christianity is 'over' in Iraq, but 'God is not dead despite terrible persecution,' says 'Vicar of Baghdad'
- Archbishop of Canterbury: 'Christ's love and self-sacrifice will triumph over evil and despair'
- In Afghanistan, more than 1 in 10 babies die at birth. Here's why – and how it can change
- #PrayForLondon is the latest #PrayFor hashtag to trend. Sadly, there have been many others
- Fortune's 50 greatest leaders: Who is the one religious figure?