4th of July fireworks DC: 'A Capitol Fourth' live stream on PBS, Watch Washington D.C. parade online [Route map]
Millions of Americans will be gathering at major city destinations to celebrate Independence Day today on 4th of July.
Washington D.C., the national's capital, will hold its own concert and fireworks show, including a parade.
The parade will begin at 11:45 a.m. featuring 300 floats, bands and military units. The parade route will be along the Constitutional Avenue and 7th Street NW. Live streaming of the parade is available HERE.
Apart from the parade, the concert and fireworks show, titled "A Capitol Fourth," hosted by Tom Bergeron, will be broadcast live on PBS. The performance lineup includes Neil Diamond, Candice Glover, Barry Manilow, Scotty McCreery, Darren Criss, Megan Hilty, and many more. The National Symphony Orchestra will also be featured.
The live stream coverage of "A Capitol Fourth" can be seen HERE from 8 p.m. ET. The celebrations will feature a live cannon fire provided by the United States Army Presidential Salute Battery.
Fireworks are expected to light up the sky at 9 p.m.
For those who want to head out to the capital to watch the fireworks, one of the best places will be the National Mall and Lincoln Memorial.
Entry to The Mall will begin at 10 a.m. and all visitors will be inspected to pass through checkpoints.
The free Smithsonian Folklife Festival will start at 11 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. There will be free music and dance performances, arts and crafts, and storytelling.
See the map of the parade route below:
View National Independence Day Parade Route in a larger map
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
Ex-ISIS child soldier recalls horror of seeing kids playing with severed heads of executed prisoners
ISIS has been known to exploit children and hone them into soldiers and assets for the group. One of them was a boy named Ibrahim, a former ISIS soldier whose horrific experience with the militant group are forever etched on his mind.
- 'The gift of failure': Mark Yaconelli on disappointment, grief, hope and redemption
- Pray for believers from one of the world's most secret religions
- Why it's too soon to write off the Church in Europe
- What do you do when you just don't like someone?
- Is the Bible trustworthy or has it been changed?
- The dress code for a disciple of Christ
- Australia: Six pastors and a nun 'arrested' after protest over Nauru detention centre
- Churches must take measures against possible terror attacks, warns security expert
- Iraq: Displaced children taken from camps to fight ISIS
- Murdered nuns praised for lives of service to the poor
- Russell Moore warns politics has become a religion for evangelicals
- Why Indian nationalists object to Mother Teresa being made a saint