4th of July fireworks DC: 'A Capitol Fourth' live stream on PBS, Watch Washington D.C. parade online [Route map]
Millions of Americans will be gathering at major city destinations to celebrate Independence Day today on 4th of July.
Washington D.C., the national's capital, will hold its own concert and fireworks show, including a parade.
The parade will begin at 11:45 a.m. featuring 300 floats, bands and military units. The parade route will be along the Constitutional Avenue and 7th Street NW. Live streaming of the parade is available HERE.
Apart from the parade, the concert and fireworks show, titled "A Capitol Fourth," hosted by Tom Bergeron, will be broadcast live on PBS. The performance lineup includes Neil Diamond, Candice Glover, Barry Manilow, Scotty McCreery, Darren Criss, Megan Hilty, and many more. The National Symphony Orchestra will also be featured.
The live stream coverage of "A Capitol Fourth" can be seen HERE from 8 p.m. ET. The celebrations will feature a live cannon fire provided by the United States Army Presidential Salute Battery.
Fireworks are expected to light up the sky at 9 p.m.
For those who want to head out to the capital to watch the fireworks, one of the best places will be the National Mall and Lincoln Memorial.
Entry to The Mall will begin at 10 a.m. and all visitors will be inspected to pass through checkpoints.
The free Smithsonian Folklife Festival will start at 11 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. There will be free music and dance performances, arts and crafts, and storytelling.
See the map of the parade route below:
View National Independence Day Parade Route in a larger map
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Why This Old Testament Verse Is So Special - It's Full Of The Gospel
- 10 Things I've Tried – And Failed – To Give Up For Lent
- 8 Ways To Improve The Preaching In Your Church
- Remembering George Herbert: 10 Quotes From The Great Priest And Poet
- Tim Keller's Leaving Redeemer Presbyterian: 5 Lessons For Christian Leaders
- Films About Faith: Christian Today's Alternative Oscars 2017
- The Lesson For Labour From Its Forgotten Christian Socialist Leader: For The Greater Good, Corbyn Should Resign
- Five Scriptures For When You're Feeling Confused
- The 21st Century Solution To Displaying 16th Century Luther Artefacts: Print Them In 3D
- Egypt Exodus: Hundreds Of Christians Flee As ISIS Militants Go On Killing Spree
- Bishop Angaelos Implores Action For Egypt's Coptic Christians 'Being Killed In The Streets'
- Where Is Jeff Woodke? Concern Grows For Missing US Missionary
- Mexican Church Says Trump Migrant Plans Are 'Terrorism'
- Chinese Pastor Arrested After Refusing State Surveillance Of Church
- Czech Christian Jailed In Sudan Has Been Freed