105-year-old bacon woman (video): Pearl Cantrell credits eating bacon every day for her long life
A 105-year-old woman is claiming that the secret to her long life is eating bacon.
Pearl Cantrell of Texas said she eats bacon everyday. "I love bacon, I eat it every day," she told the Big Country Homepage.
She told local TV station KMSS that she encourages others to eat bacon too. "I want other people to eat bacon, I tell them to. My kids all eat it."
The elderly woman was treated to a ride in the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile in celebration of her long life. She was also given some bacon by the company and will be receiving more in the future.
Cantrell has lived longer than her husband and three of her seven children. Despite her age, she continues to the do tasks and activities she loves, such as sewing and dancing
Cantrell's daughter Anno told the Big Country Homepage: "She's taught us to work hard and to get up every morning and think about living. She's never thought about dying."
Cantrell recently celebrated her birthday with over 200 guests over a period of three days.
Research has showed that eating too much bacon may increase the rise of bowel cancer, but the case seems to be different for Cantrell nonetheless.
The hymn has blessed millions of people since it first appeared in 1923. But is it really as biblically sound as we assume?
Accepting God's moral standard, we realise that every sin is terribly dangerous and fatal, but in realising this through the lens of the cross, we now grasp just how powerful the work of Jesus is in us.
- Billy Graham: 5 ways Christians can cope with the 'violence and destruction' all around
- Why we should think twice before singing 'Great is thy faithfulness'
- 'Hold onto Jesus' says priest and recovering alcoholic in video published after his death
- The Holocaust survivors who the Pope met at Auschwitz-Birkenau today
- Tim LaHaye and the end times: What should we believe about the end of the world?
- Analysis: How Hillary Clinton's abortion platform is the most liberal in Democrat history
- Jairus' daughter and the sick woman: What links these two stories?
- Finding Dory review: Beautiful and hilarious but too dangerous for my 10-year-old and 93,468 other children
- Who's backing Trump and who's for Clinton? The battle for evangelical endorsements
- 'Soul' leaving a body in China hospital captured on video?
- Turkey's President Erdogan claims West failed to show solidarity over coup attempt
- North Korea bans imports with markings resembling a cross
- Russian humanitarian operation in Syria may be 'ruse', US says
- U.S. President Barack Obama's Muslim half brother Malik says he's voting for Donald Trump
- Religious accommodations available at Rio Olympics: 5 major faiths to have their own space for worship