Xiaomi Mi 6 release date, specs rumors: Snapdragon 835 delays may push premium device back to May
There are rumors that Chinese company Xiaomi will be releasing three variants of its latest flagship, the Xiaomi Mi 6. These devices are believed to come with different chipsets and release dates.
The Xiaomi Mi 6 is expected to be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and is speculated to be launched next month. However, Samsung had an agreement with the manufacturer of the said processor, in which the Korean company is to receive the first shipments of the Snapdragon 835 before other companies. This means that other industry players that will use the same chipset in their devices will have to wait for a few more weeks after the first shipments to get the chipset.
With this, a recent leak reveals that Xiaomi will release the base model of the Mi 6 with the Snapdragon 821 chipset next month. After which, the Chinese company will release the high-end variant in May with the Snapdragon 835 processor.
Meanwhile, there are also rumors that Xiaomi will simply wait for May and release both the premium and base models at the same time. The high-end Xiaomi Mi 6 will come with the Snapdragon 835 processor, while the base variant is speculated to be engineered with the MediaTek Helio X30 chipset instead. As for the third variant, perhaps a mid-tier Xiaomi Mi 6, no speculations have been made regarding the handset yet.
As for other specifications of Xiaomi Mi 6, the upcoming device is believed to come with Quad HD 2K organic light-emitting diode (OLED) display screen, along with curved edge design. The base variant may come with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage, while the premium tier may carry 6 GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal memory. The Xiaomi Mi 6 is also speculated to house a dual camera and a 4000 mAh battery.
At this point, Xiaomi is yet to release its official update regarding the matter. With this, it is still best to wait for the announcement of the Chinese company regarding its upcoming flagship.
Austin Carlile tweeted about the impact sharing his Christian faith has on his popularity but says it isn't going to stop him talking about God or Jesus to his fans.
Snoop Dogg shares preview clip of new Christian music project, 'Bible of Love', featuring gospel singer Fred Hammond
Snoop Dogg is giving the world a glimpse of his gospel music album, which already features a famous voice in gospel music, Fred Hammond.
- Is Justin Bieber quitting world tour to start his own church?
- Why we must open them every day: our 5-point plan to save Britain's churches
- Godfulness: What the Church can learn from a new (but old) kind of meditation
- What did Jesus mean when he condemned those who make children 'stumble'?
- Amazing Grace: 7 quotes from the slaver-turned-preacher John Newton
- WANTED: Christian coders, techies and creatives. The CofE is inviting you to its first 'digital lab'
- Already worrying about Halloween and 'trick-or-treat'? This Christian charity has answers
- Pioneer ministry: How a new generation of ministers is changing the face of mission
- How Christian and other faith communities are rebuilding trust in times of crisis
- Stage is set for the end times, believes John Hagee
- Israel removes metal detectors from Jerusalem mosque following bloody clashes; Palestine demands further repeal
- Anglican leader in Jamaica breaks ranks by calling for legalisation of sodomy
- Islamist militants in Kenya went house to house killing Christians
- Vatican shuts down fountains amid Italy drought, in line with Pope Francis' environment teachings
- Victory for campaigners as US judge blocks attempt to deport Iraqi Christians