Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley 2 fight video [Results, highlights]: Pacquiao wins WBO Welterweight championship, thanks God
UPDATE: Manny Pacquiao beats Timothy Bradley to regain his title as the WBO Welterweight champion. In an interview after the fight, Pacquiao, who is Christian, thanked God for his victory.
Watch the highlights video below:
Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley fight will take place tonight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Boxing fans can tune into HBO Pay-Per-View at 9 p.m. ET to watch the rematch between champions Manny Pacquaio and Timothy Bradley.
Pacquiao will be looking to regain his world championship title from Bradley, whom he lost to last year in a controversial split decision after 12 rounds. The first time the pair met, Bradley won after 12 rounds in a controversial split decision.
Talk of a rematch had began almost immediately after the 115-113, 115-113, 113-115 defeat.
After losing his WBO Welterweight title, Pacquiao told The National, "We feel we got robbed in the last fight. Now we need to be sure that we get the victory."
Bradley feels confident that he will come out as the victor in tonight's match. "I have already beat Pacquiao once and that was on my first try," he told GMA News. "I don't think I have to knock him out to get a definite result, but if the knockout presents itself I will take advantage of it.
HBO boxing analyst Max Kellerman says: "I would say it's a safe assumption that Pacquiao is a little worse than he was two years ago. He got knocked out. He's a little older. Once you're past your prime, you don't tend to get better with age. I came away from the Brandon Rios fight [Pacquiao's last fight, a lopsided decision win last November] wondering, where is the whirling dervish Pacquiao? He always used movement, but it was to overwhelm guys, not to pick them apart."
Watch the Pacquiao vs. Bradley 2 final press conference and face off video below:
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- How Christian and other faith communities are rebuilding trust in times of crisis
- Was Jesus an extremist? 1 in 5 Brits thinks so
- Is the sidelining of religion a root cause of our mental health crisis?
- O.J. Simpson says he wishes he had 'been a better Christian' as he's granted parole
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Gaming for God: New card game asks the Church 'what is mission?'
- Top musicians are to sing all 150 Psalms in one weekend. What can this teach our world today?
- Was this Catholic cardinal a saint or a pro-Nazi war criminal?
- Israel says Jerusalem mosque metal detectors to stay after bloody Palestinian clash
- Iraqi forces claim to have captured 16-year-old girl who ran away from Germany to marry ISIS jihadi
- More Christians handed harsh prison sentences in Iran; is Tehran afraid that Christianity is growing in the country?
- Muslim teenager goes to Christian camp to get close to his girl crush but ends up falling in love with Jesus instead
- Notorious drug dealer finds Jesus and becomes a pastor after reading the Bible in prison
- 'Shocking verdict' as Egypt court sentences 28 to death over 2015 prosecutor killing