'The Mummy' 2017 film release date, rumors: First trailer to be released soon?
Universal Pictures is beginning to conceptualize the rebirth of the Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe, obviously taking inspiration from Marvel's intertwined movies. This is going to be jumpstarted by the first monster-movie reboot, "The Mummy."
Netizens have already shared videos of stars Tom Cruise and Annabelle Wallis running through the streets of London as if portraying a key scene where the ancient mummified queen, portrayed by "Kingsman's" Sofia Boutella, is already wreaking havoc in the modern day. With such footage and the knowledge that the movie is slated for release by June next year, one can assume that they may already be close to finishing it.
If they are indeed almost done, it might not be long before the official trailer launches. Despite being a short clip representing a probable hour-and-a-half-long movie, the trailer will be something fans will be looking out for. It can already predict if the audience sees it as something worth watching or they'd rather watch the first three "Mummy" films over and over again.
Being as important as it is, Movie Pilot pointed out that the "Kong: Skull Island" trailer did an amazing job with setting the hype for its film. Both "Kong: Skull Island" and "The Mummy" reboot take from predecessors but have entirely different stories compared to the original ones, thus the latter can learn a thing or two from the former.
A consistent tone, otherworldly action scenes, originality, and great music are just a few things that can make the trailer do its work as a teaser for the film. It isn't exactly a bad idea for the creators to start cooking up something already, now that launch date is near and the 1999 film is still arguably what people think about when they hear "The Mummy."
Speaking of tone, the audience can expect a totally different rendition for the 2017 film, as was described by Jon Spaihts, creator of this movie's screenplay. Spaihts explained that there will be horror elements aside from the action and adventure, so movie spectators will be seeing a scary and dark world, Den of Geek reports.
"The Mummy" reboot is set ti premiere on June 9, 2017.
It's the 20th anniversary of the publication of the first Harry Potter book. The series has long been a focus extreme religious reaction with some Christians arguing the series is a gospel analogy and others that it promotes a dangerous acceptance of the occult.
'God revealed himself, even through the valley of the shadow of death': Steven Curtis Chapman talks to Christian Today
Christian Today talks with one of the world's most well-known Christian music stars about his life, music and the story behind it all.
- Harry Potter and the Christian gospel: Three Christian moments in the Harry Potter books
- God is with us through the pain
- Julian the Apostate: How Rome's last pagan emperor went to war with Christians
- Sun, snow and storms: What role does weather play in the Bible?
- Sermon of the Year winner: 'God in the dark'
- Why 'The Benedict Option' is a good option for Christians
- We have them for schools and universities. Why not a league table for churches?
- Should I care about Martin Luther's 95 Theses?
- A martyr for our moment: 3 lessons from the radical Christian sacrifice of St Alban
- UK's Conservative Party agrees £1 billion deal with the Northern Ireland's Protestant DUP
- Fairtrade hit by changes in supermarket deal
- Donald Trump refuses to host White House Ramadan meal, breaking 20-year tradition
- Christian school warned: Don't teach Bible passages that are 'offensive' to LGBT people
- Reports say 100 Christians may be hostages in Philippines battle between army and Islamist rebels
- Oil tanker explosion kills more than 120 in Pakistan