'The Mummy' 2017 film release date, rumors: First trailer to be released soon?
Universal Pictures is beginning to conceptualize the rebirth of the Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe, obviously taking inspiration from Marvel's intertwined movies. This is going to be jumpstarted by the first monster-movie reboot, "The Mummy."
Netizens have already shared videos of stars Tom Cruise and Annabelle Wallis running through the streets of London as if portraying a key scene where the ancient mummified queen, portrayed by "Kingsman's" Sofia Boutella, is already wreaking havoc in the modern day. With such footage and the knowledge that the movie is slated for release by June next year, one can assume that they may already be close to finishing it.
If they are indeed almost done, it might not be long before the official trailer launches. Despite being a short clip representing a probable hour-and-a-half-long movie, the trailer will be something fans will be looking out for. It can already predict if the audience sees it as something worth watching or they'd rather watch the first three "Mummy" films over and over again.
Being as important as it is, Movie Pilot pointed out that the "Kong: Skull Island" trailer did an amazing job with setting the hype for its film. Both "Kong: Skull Island" and "The Mummy" reboot take from predecessors but have entirely different stories compared to the original ones, thus the latter can learn a thing or two from the former.
A consistent tone, otherworldly action scenes, originality, and great music are just a few things that can make the trailer do its work as a teaser for the film. It isn't exactly a bad idea for the creators to start cooking up something already, now that launch date is near and the 1999 film is still arguably what people think about when they hear "The Mummy."
Speaking of tone, the audience can expect a totally different rendition for the 2017 film, as was described by Jon Spaihts, creator of this movie's screenplay. Spaihts explained that there will be horror elements aside from the action and adventure, so movie spectators will be seeing a scary and dark world, Den of Geek reports.
"The Mummy" reboot is set ti premiere on June 9, 2017.
The issue of race is something that NFL star Benjamin Watson takes to heart. He believes that the only way Americans can get over their racial divide is through the help of the Bible.
"It Ain't Me" singer Selena Gomez might have a jam-packed schedule because of work, but she still makes time for God.
- Was Christopher Columbus really a Jew fleeing persecution by the Spanish Inquisition?
- Christians are to the fore in efforts to find homes in the UK for thousands of Syrian refugees
- Render unto Caesar: The new pound coin has an uncomfortable message for the Church
- A Christian ministry brings healing to Jewish children and seniors in Ukraine
- A family in the United States is battling for the right to name their daughter 'Allah'
- Prince George to attend Christian private school
- 6 ways to read the Bible for all it's worth
- 'We used to worship in fear': The Islamic extremist who converted to Christ
- 'The Shack', cosmic child abuse and 'Lies We Believe About God'
- Turkish Muslim woman who 'hated Christians' dreams of Jesus telling her to 'follow My way'
- Scientists see partial proof of God with discovery of portal into dark, parallel universe
- ISIS suicide bomb plot foiled as Iraqi forces disarm explosives strapped on 7-year-old boy
- Nepal's Christians have to trek 2 miles into mountains to bury their dead
- Pope Francis' clerical sex abuse panel will continue without survivors
- Anti ISIS Mosul campaign leads to hundreds of 'unnecessary' deaths - Amnesty