'The Big Bang Theory' season 11 renewal update: Renewal unlikely as core cast will not return?
While "The Big Bang Theory" season 10 goes about its usual winter hiatus, reports about the show's possible cancellation filled the rumor mills.
Speculations have it that lead star Jim Parsons will be too busy to be in "The Big Bang Theory" season 11 now that he is attached to multiple projects.
Parsons is executive producing "The Monarchy Is Going to S—t" for Freeform, in addition to the ABC comedy, "Lakeside VA," "The Terranauts" for The CW, and "The Big Bang Theory" spinoff, "Sheldon."
However, during an interview with TV Line back in March, Parsons was adamant about being part of "The Big Bang Theory" season 11 if given the chance.
"If the opportunity to go past season 10 came up, I'd be very hard-pressed to tell you who [among the cast] might say no — if anybody would. I wouldn't," he said.
"I'm trying to imagine when an actor in a good situation would go, 'I'm out of here!' I don't think it would be between seasons 10 and 11 — not if things are going well," he went on to say.
For some, "The Big Bang Theory" without Sheldon will usher the show's downfall, which is why many believe that it will be best to end the show with season 10.
Meanwhile, Parsons' co-star Kaley Cuoco, who plays Penny in the series, said in the same TV Line interview that "The Big Bang Theory" season 11 could still happen.
She stated that the goal is to stay as long as possible. The star added that the "overall consensus" is the whole gang returning for "The Big Bang Theory" season 11. But that was back in March.
Months later — in September, to be exact — during her appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live," the actress was less forthcoming of a renewal, saying that a decade of the show is enough.
But if the CBS president Glenn Geller is the one to be asked, he would want to have "The Big Bang Theory" on air "forever" or, at least, close to that
During the Television Critics Association (TCA) summer tour, Geller expressed confidence that Warner Bros. will seal the contract deals with the cast. "We are very confident that everyone involved wants more Big Bang past year 10," he said.
"The Big Bang Theory" season 10 is currently on a hiatus and will be back next year on CBS.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Was Christopher Columbus really a Jew fleeing persecution by the Spanish Inquisition?
- Christians are to the fore in efforts to find homes in the UK for thousands of Syrian refugees
- Render unto Caesar: The new pound coin has an uncomfortable message for the Church
- A Christian ministry brings healing to Jewish children and seniors in Ukraine
- A family in the United States is battling for the right to name their daughter 'Allah'
- Prince George to attend Christian private school
- 6 ways to read the Bible for all it's worth
- 'We used to worship in fear': The Islamic extremist who converted to Christ
- 'The Shack', cosmic child abuse and 'Lies We Believe About God'
- Turkish Muslim woman who 'hated Christians' dreams of Jesus telling her to 'follow My way'
- Scientists see partial proof of God with discovery of portal into dark, parallel universe
- ISIS suicide bomb plot foiled as Iraqi forces disarm explosives strapped on 7-year-old boy
- Nepal's Christians have to trek 2 miles into mountains to bury their dead
- Pope Francis' clerical sex abuse panel will continue without survivors
- Anti ISIS Mosul campaign leads to hundreds of 'unnecessary' deaths - Amnesty