'The Big Bang Theory' season 11 renewal update: Renewal unlikely as core cast will not return?
While "The Big Bang Theory" season 10 goes about its usual winter hiatus, reports about the show's possible cancellation filled the rumor mills.
Speculations have it that lead star Jim Parsons will be too busy to be in "The Big Bang Theory" season 11 now that he is attached to multiple projects.
Parsons is executive producing "The Monarchy Is Going to S—t" for Freeform, in addition to the ABC comedy, "Lakeside VA," "The Terranauts" for The CW, and "The Big Bang Theory" spinoff, "Sheldon."
However, during an interview with TV Line back in March, Parsons was adamant about being part of "The Big Bang Theory" season 11 if given the chance.
"If the opportunity to go past season 10 came up, I'd be very hard-pressed to tell you who [among the cast] might say no — if anybody would. I wouldn't," he said.
"I'm trying to imagine when an actor in a good situation would go, 'I'm out of here!' I don't think it would be between seasons 10 and 11 — not if things are going well," he went on to say.
For some, "The Big Bang Theory" without Sheldon will usher the show's downfall, which is why many believe that it will be best to end the show with season 10.
Meanwhile, Parsons' co-star Kaley Cuoco, who plays Penny in the series, said in the same TV Line interview that "The Big Bang Theory" season 11 could still happen.
She stated that the goal is to stay as long as possible. The star added that the "overall consensus" is the whole gang returning for "The Big Bang Theory" season 11. But that was back in March.
Months later — in September, to be exact — during her appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live," the actress was less forthcoming of a renewal, saying that a decade of the show is enough.
But if the CBS president Glenn Geller is the one to be asked, he would want to have "The Big Bang Theory" on air "forever" or, at least, close to that
During the Television Critics Association (TCA) summer tour, Geller expressed confidence that Warner Bros. will seal the contract deals with the cast. "We are very confident that everyone involved wants more Big Bang past year 10," he said.
"The Big Bang Theory" season 10 is currently on a hiatus and will be back next year on CBS.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Harry Potter and the Christian gospel: Three Christian moments in the Harry Potter books
- God is with us through the pain
- Julian the Apostate: How Rome's last pagan emperor went to war with Christians
- Sun, snow and storms: What role does weather play in the Bible?
- Sermon of the Year winner: 'God in the dark'
- Why 'The Benedict Option' is a good option for Christians
- We have them for schools and universities. Why not a league table for churches?
- Should I care about Martin Luther's 95 Theses?
- A martyr for our moment: 3 lessons from the radical Christian sacrifice of St Alban
- UK's Conservative Party agrees £1 billion deal with the Northern Ireland's Protestant DUP
- Fairtrade hit by changes in supermarket deal
- Donald Trump refuses to host White House Ramadan meal, breaking 20-year tradition
- Christian school warned: Don't teach Bible passages that are 'offensive' to LGBT people
- Reports say 100 Christians may be hostages in Philippines battle between army and Islamist rebels
- Oil tanker explosion kills more than 120 in Pakistan