Tamerlan Tsarnaev buried in Virginia: Imam confirms that bomber was buried in Muslim Cemetery in Doswell, Va. (VIDEO)

The body of Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev has reportedly been buried in a cemetery in Virginia with the help of a faith coalition, according to his uncle Ruslan Tsarni.

Tsarnaev was secretly buried this week after cemeteries in Boston refused to accept the body of the late Boston bomber.

Imam Ammar Amonette of the Richmond-based Islamic Center of Virginia told the Huffington Post on Friday that Tsarnaev was buried at Al-Barzakh Cemetery in Doswell, Va.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev's wife did not take the body of her late husband, leaving his uncle Tsarni to be responsible for the burial.

Tsarni did not identify the faith coalition that helped with the burial but said that Tsarnaev was buried near Richmond. "The body's buried. That's it," he said.

Costs to protect the funeral home where Tsarnaev's body was kept had been mounting because of all the cemeteries refusing to accept his remains so Worcester police had appealed for help to find a place to bury him.

An unnamed funeral home official said the body of the Boston marathon bomber was removed from the Graham Putnam & Mahoney Funeral Parlor before midnight Wednesday.

The body had been placed there since it was removed from the hospital last Friday. Worcester police confirmed that the bombing suspect has been buried, but did not reveal the location of the burial site.

"As a result of our public appeal for help a courageous and compassionate individual came forward to provide the assistance needed to properly bury the deceased," Worcester police said in a statement this yesterday. "His body is no longer in the city of Worcester and is now entombed."

Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his brother Dzhokhar built home-made bombs with a pressure cooker and planted the twin bombs at the Boston Marathon finish line on April 15.

Three innocent victims died as a result, with over 200 injured. Tsarnaev, 26, was killed during a police confrontation on April 19.

Dzhokhar, 19, was captured alive the next day after one of the nation's biggest manhunts. He was in critical condition when he was finally apprehended by police in a boat outside of a residence in Watertown, Mass.

He had suffered injuries to the throat and chest, but his condition had since improved.

Dzhokhar has since been charged with using a weapon of mass destruction and has been removed from a hospital to prison where he awaits his trial and sentencing.