Speedboat accident: BSkyB senior executive Nicholas Milligan killed
Police have named the man killed in a speedboat accident in Padstow, Cornwall, as TV executive Nicholas Milligan.
The 51-year-old was a senior executive with BSkyB and founding director of Channel 5.
He was killed along with his eight-year-old daughter in the accident on Sunday.
Four other family members, 39-year-old wife Victoria, four-year-old son Kit, and daughters Olivia,10, and Amber, 12, were injured in the accident.
His brother, Max, paid tribute to Milligan as an "extremely loving father, husband, son and brother, who doted on his family".
A local vicar out walking with his wife captured the aftermath of the accident on video. The footage shows the boat circling out of control before another boat comes alongside.
The boat was brought under control by a speedboat instructor who managed to jump aboard the vessel.
Dawkins no-platformed for 'abusive speech', protests: 'Why is it fine to criticise Christianity but not Islam?'
Richard Dawkins has been 'no-platformed' by a US radio station who dropped him after discovering his 'abusive speech' against Islam. Dawkins protested that he was not abusive, but made no apology for criticising the 'oppressive cruelties of Islamism'.
The parents of Charlie Gard have ended their legal battle to give the terminally ill British baby further treatment, a lawyer representing the parents said on Monday.
- Amazing Grace: 7 quotes from the slaver-turned-preacher John Newton
- WANTED: Christian coders, techies and creatives. The CofE is inviting you to its first 'digital lab'
- Already worrying about Halloween and 'trick-or-treat'? This Christian charity has answers
- Pioneer ministry: How a new generation of ministers is changing the face of mission
- How Christian and other faith communities are rebuilding trust in times of crisis
- Was Jesus an extremist? 1 in 5 Brits thinks so
- Is the sidelining of religion a root cause of our mental health crisis?
- O.J. Simpson says he wishes he had 'been a better Christian' as he's granted parole
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Radical Muslim embraces Jesus after Christians show him kindness in ISIS-torn Syria
- World Church leaders offer prayers for 'just peace' in Jerusalem
- A boy wrote to Pope Francis inviting him on a pilgrimage for sick children. He received a remarkable reply
- Tearfund's research into the faith of refugees is showing how religion is part of the solution, not just part of the problem
- Israel says Jerusalem mosque metal detectors to stay after bloody Palestinian clash
- Iraqi forces claim to have captured 16-year-old girl who ran away from Germany to marry ISIS jihadi