Solar Eclipse 2013 Live Stream; Watch Online Annular Eclipse 'Ring of Fire' May 9-10 at 5p.m. EDT
The moon is set to eclipse the sun today, creating what looks like a cosmic 'ring of fire.'
The solar eclipse, also known as the annular eclipse, will take place May 9 and May 10 but will only be visible to those living in Australia and the Southern Pacific Ocean, according to space.com.
"Solar eclipses can be inspirational to students and others, so it is interesting to have everyone view the eclipse, but only safe methods of viewing should be used," astronomer Jay Pasachoff told Space.com. Pasachoff is an astronomer at Williams College and chair of the International Astronomical Union's working group on eclipses.
Despite the moon eclipsing over 95 percent of the sun, the sky will not appear to be darker than usual.
Observers are advised to use protective camera lenses and filters when viewing the eclipse. Viewers are strongly advised not to watch the eclipse with a naked eye, as it can result in permanent damage.
A live stream of the eclipse will be hosted for those who are not in the right location to view the rare event. The annular event will start Thursday 5:30 pm. EDT on May 9.
Click HERE for the live stream.
A solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the sun and Earth, and the Moon fully or partially blocks the sun.
Jesus refuses to help a desperate woman because she's a Gentile, and describes her as a 'dog'.
Growing up, I had a lot of pets for friends- fishes, dogs, cats, and turtles just to name a few. And as each one passed, I always had one question in mind- "Will I ever see Shadow, Tiger, Bridget, Spike, Buddy, David or Goliath ever again?"
- Why does Jesus refuse to help the Syro-Phoenician woman in Matthew 15?
- Why do people stop going to church – and what can we do about it?
- Christian pop singer Justin Bieber says, 'Thank God I'm not where I used to be'
- The faith perspective: How Psalm 33 speaks to our political reality
- London's fire-fighting bishop: Who was St Mellitus?
- Why does Jesus say 'If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven'?
- 'The Promise': An in-depth interview with the producer of this unmissable movie for Christians
- Security dominates French election after shooting
- St Anselm was one of the most influential Christians of the last 1,000 years. But who was he and what did he believe?
- Jewish and Muslim leaders warn against voting for 'dangerous' Marine Le Pen in French election
- Pope Francis issues video message to Egyptians, saying the world needs 'peace, love and mercy'
- Christian Pakistani family's 14-year old daughter kidnapped at gunpoint
- Can John Wesley teach us how to campaign in a general election?
- Who is the greatest Christian alive today?
- China bans religious names in ongoing crackdown