'Smash' canceled by NBC along with 'Happy Endings'; New shows include 'Ironside' and 'About a Boy' [LIST]
NBC's musical sitcom "Smash" has been canceled after just two seasons. The show, which starred Katharine McPhee, Debra Messing and Anjelica Huston, had suffered low ratings since the debut of its second season. The show only brought in 4.5 million viewers and a 1.1 rating among the 18-49 demographic.
McPhee thanked her fans on Twitter for watching the show. "Thk u to everyone who watched Smash! Been an amazing ride. & thanks to @nbc 4 the opportunity 2 play a great gal such as Karen. So grateful." She continued: "Ahhhh! Love you all! Ur passion is so heartwarming! Life is about chapters & the relationships u make along the way. Next chapter! Exciting."
The cancellation of "Smash" upset viewers, with one viewer commenting on Huffington Post: "I can't believe smash has been canceled! I'm hooked!"
Along with "Smash", NBC also cancelled "Happy Endings", "Deception", "Animal Practice", "Do no Harm", "Guys with Kids", "Up All Night", "Whitney", "1600 Penn", and "Go On".
While NBC has decided to drop "Smash", the peacock network has also picked up some new shows, including "Ironside", the remake of the 1960s series of the same name starring Blair Underwood. It also picked up "Undateable", "Chicago Fire" spinoff, "Chicago PD"; "The Blacklist", medical drama "The Night Shift", and comedy "Welcome to the Family".
The network also picked up a TV adaptation of "About a Boy" from the movie and book of the same name; Sean Hayes' "Sean Saves The World"; J.J. Abrams' "Believe"; and "Family Guide.
Click here for a full list of all canceled shows by NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX.
It's exciting to see how many Christian-themed movies are slowly getting more and more positive feedback from critics and viewers.
Justin Bieber, the world famous and Christian young pop singer with a troubled past, has thanked God for the improvements in his life since he was arrested three years ago.
- Why does Jesus refuse to help the Syro-Phoenician woman in Matthew 15?
- Why do people stop going to church – and what can we do about it?
- Christian pop singer Justin Bieber says, 'Thank God I'm not where I used to be'
- The faith perspective: How Psalm 33 speaks to our political reality
- London's fire-fighting bishop: Who was St Mellitus?
- Why does Jesus say 'If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven'?
- 'The Promise': An in-depth interview with the producer of this unmissable movie for Christians
- Security dominates French election after shooting
- St Anselm was one of the most influential Christians of the last 1,000 years. But who was he and what did he believe?
- Jewish and Muslim leaders warn against voting for 'dangerous' Marine Le Pen in French election
- Pope Francis issues video message to Egyptians, saying the world needs 'peace, love and mercy'
- Christian Pakistani family's 14-year old daughter kidnapped at gunpoint
- Can John Wesley teach us how to campaign in a general election?
- Who is the greatest Christian alive today?
- China bans religious names in ongoing crackdown