Samsung Galaxy Note 3 specs rumors vs Galaxy S4 comparison; Release date Sept. 4 at Unpacked Event [VIDEO]
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is expected to release at an exclusive Samsung Unpacked event on September 4, according to tech blog site AndroidGeeks. The event is scheduled to take place just days before IFA 2013 in Berlin, which kicks off on September 6. The Unpacked event will be a part of IFA, with only members of the press invited, according the site.
The next-generation phablet is expected to pack a massive 5.99 inch screen with stylus.
Other rumors surrounding specs and features for the phablet are SuperAMOLED or IPS panel display with a resolution of 1920x1080p, a powerful 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor or 1.8 GHz eight-core Exynos processor and a 13MP camera.
The Galaxy S4 flagship phone features a Qualcomm 1.9 GHz Quad Core processor, a full 5 inch screen with 1920x1080 resolution and 441 ppi, 2 GB RAM, a 13MP camera, and Android 4.3.
Rumored specs for the Note 3 and the current Galaxy S4 are very similar, so it will be a choice of preference on whether to go for a phablet than a smartphone ,which already comes packed with one of the biggest screens in the smartphone market today.
Meanwhile, reports suggest that mass production is underway for the Note 3, and the production line for the Galaxy S4 is expected to drop in order to produce the supply in time September.
According to Korea's etnews.com, the production line for the Galaxy 4 is expected to drop 20-30 percent by July. Suppliers for the Korean electronics company are reportedly 'disgruntled' because part orders have been reduced to just 6.5 million handsets in July. The site states that an insider at Wireless Business Division at Samsung Electronics said the company "had reduced the order to each suppliers at the similar rates. Since we will start placing orders for follow-up models, such as Galaxy Note III, from August, the impact to suppliers will be minimal."
The annual IFA event in Berlin is held around September, and it was where Samsung revealed the first Galaxy Note handset to the world. The popularity of the first-generation Galaxy Note came as a surprise, as it tested the waters for users wanting something more than a smartphone handset.The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 was launched in September 2012 at a Samsung Unpacked event, just days before the IFA Berlin 2012.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Amazing Grace: 7 quotes from the slaver-turned-preacher John Newton
- WANTED: Christian coders, techies and creatives. The CofE is inviting you to its first 'digital lab'
- Already worrying about Halloween and 'trick-or-treat'? This Christian charity has answers
- Pioneer ministry: How a new generation of ministers is changing the face of mission
- How Christian and other faith communities are rebuilding trust in times of crisis
- Was Jesus an extremist? 1 in 5 Brits thinks so
- Is the sidelining of religion a root cause of our mental health crisis?
- O.J. Simpson says he wishes he had 'been a better Christian' as he's granted parole
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Radical Muslim embraces Jesus after Christians show him kindness in ISIS-torn Syria
- World Church leaders offer prayers for 'just peace' in Jerusalem
- A boy wrote to Pope Francis inviting him on a pilgrimage for sick children. He received a remarkable reply
- Tearfund's research into the faith of refugees is showing how religion is part of the solution, not just part of the problem
- Israel says Jerusalem mosque metal detectors to stay after bloody Palestinian clash
- Iraqi forces claim to have captured 16-year-old girl who ran away from Germany to marry ISIS jihadi