Samsung Galaxy Note 3 specs rumors vs Galaxy S4 comparison; Release date Sept. 4 at Unpacked Event [VIDEO]
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is expected to release at an exclusive Samsung Unpacked event on September 4, according to tech blog site AndroidGeeks. The event is scheduled to take place just days before IFA 2013 in Berlin, which kicks off on September 6. The Unpacked event will be a part of IFA, with only members of the press invited, according the site.
The next-generation phablet is expected to pack a massive 5.99 inch screen with stylus.
Other rumors surrounding specs and features for the phablet are SuperAMOLED or IPS panel display with a resolution of 1920x1080p, a powerful 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor or 1.8 GHz eight-core Exynos processor and a 13MP camera.
The Galaxy S4 flagship phone features a Qualcomm 1.9 GHz Quad Core processor, a full 5 inch screen with 1920x1080 resolution and 441 ppi, 2 GB RAM, a 13MP camera, and Android 4.3.
Rumored specs for the Note 3 and the current Galaxy S4 are very similar, so it will be a choice of preference on whether to go for a phablet than a smartphone ,which already comes packed with one of the biggest screens in the smartphone market today.
Meanwhile, reports suggest that mass production is underway for the Note 3, and the production line for the Galaxy S4 is expected to drop in order to produce the supply in time September.
According to Korea's etnews.com, the production line for the Galaxy 4 is expected to drop 20-30 percent by July. Suppliers for the Korean electronics company are reportedly 'disgruntled' because part orders have been reduced to just 6.5 million handsets in July. The site states that an insider at Wireless Business Division at Samsung Electronics said the company "had reduced the order to each suppliers at the similar rates. Since we will start placing orders for follow-up models, such as Galaxy Note III, from August, the impact to suppliers will be minimal."
The annual IFA event in Berlin is held around September, and it was where Samsung revealed the first Galaxy Note handset to the world. The popularity of the first-generation Galaxy Note came as a surprise, as it tested the waters for users wanting something more than a smartphone handset.The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 was launched in September 2012 at a Samsung Unpacked event, just days before the IFA Berlin 2012.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- 'Life' might just be the most anti-Christian movie you'll see this year
- 'People all over the world are praying for you': Billy Graham chaplains help those affected by London terror
- 'Love divine, all loves excelling': 7 inspiring hymns by Charles Wesley
- How do evil spirits work? Can we inherit them from our ancestors?
- Was Christopher Columbus really a Jew fleeing persecution by the Spanish Inquisition?
- Christians are to the fore in efforts to find homes in the UK for thousands of Syrian refugees
- Render unto Caesar: The new pound coin has an uncomfortable message for the Church
- A Christian ministry brings healing to Jewish children and seniors in Ukraine
- A family in the United States is battling for the right to name their daughter 'Allah'
- US pastor charged for 'illegal' Bible study in Russia appeals to European Court of Human Rights
- Tribes, tensions and gay marriage: What's the future for the Church of England?
- Will Northern Ireland's political meltdown scupper Pope Francis' visit next year?
- Another Catholic priest killed in spiralling Mexico violence
- 'The devil's come down': How rape and murder are stalking the displaced of South Sudan
- Terror will never drive us apart, pledge Archbishops, Imams and Chief Rabbi