Watch SAG Awards online live stream [TBN, TBS TV start time]
The 20th annual Screen Actors Guild award will take place on Saturday night live from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles in what should be a fantastic night in the film awards calendar.
The SAG awards will be broadcast on TV on both the TNT and TBS networks from 8p.m. EST. Prior to the award show, a live stream of the red carpet arrivals will be available to watch online on the TNT website. The red carpet coverage starts at 6 p.m. EST.
This year, a lineup of star-studded presenters have been announced. Many of these presenters are nominees themselves for the prestigious Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Presenters include Matt Damon, Robert DeNiro, Chiwetel Ejifor, SAG-AFTRA President Ken Howard, Mindy Kaling, Jennifer Lawrence, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, James Marsden, Ewan McGregor, Lupita Nyong'o, Sarah Paulson, Julia Roberts, Elisabeth Röhm, Meryl Streep, and Emma Thompson. Other presenters include Ben Affleck, Sasha Alexander, Don Cheadle, Morgan Freeman, Jennifer Garner, Clark Gregg, Tom Hanks, Jared Leto, Matthew McConaughey, Kevin Spacey, Kerry Washington, Forest Whitaker and Oprah Winfrey.
For this year, the SAG 50th Life Achievement Award will be given to actress Rita Moreno. The 82-year-old won numerous awards in her lifetime, including a Grammy, Oscar and a Tony for her various works. The award will be presented by Morgan Freeman.
This year, "12 Years A Slave" has received four nods and is expected to come out tops at the award show tonight.
Movies nominated for "Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture are:
12 Years a Slave
August: Osage County
Dallas Buyers Club
Lee Daniels' The Butler
See a full list of nominations here.
Watch a promo video of the 2014 Screen Actors Guild Awards below:
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Sun, snow and storms: What role does weather play in the Bible?
- Sermon of the Year winner: 'God in the dark'
- Why 'The Benedict Option' is a good option for Christians
- We have them for schools and universities. Why not a league table for churches?
- Should I care about Martin Luther's 95 Theses?
- A martyr for our moment: 3 lessons from the radical Christian sacrifice of St Alban
- Cathedrals in crisis? Three ways we could support their growing ministry
- Most religious groups support gay marriage - with the exception of white evangelical Christians
- One reason your church may not be growing – and five things that might help
- Sudanese churches in defiant open letter: We are victims of 'systematic violation of Christian religious freedoms'
- Otto Warmbier death a 'mystery': North Korea denies responsibility
- Nigerian Christian leader pleads for help to stop death and destruction by Islamist Fulani militia
- Grenfell fire: Police consider manslaughter charges as cause of blaze revealed
- Egypt's Coptic Christians lament jihadist persecution, forgive killers, but ask: 'Where is our government'?
- Mayor of Rio who is also an evangelical bishop cuts funding for Brazil's Rio Carnival