'Pokémon GO' news, update: Gen 2 update to add 100 Pokémon, more features in December?
Rumor has it that Niantic Labs is preparing a massive update for "Pokémon GO" this December in an effort to bring back the millions of players that have abandoned the game.
The December update is rumored to be the long-awaited Gen 2 update that will add 100 Pokémon to the game's roster, in addition to new gameplay features.
The Silph Road has provided details of the new Pokemon coming to "Pokémon GO" via the purported December update.
It would appear that they were already added in the game behind closed doors, but it will not be accessible until the update officially drops.
Other than a hundred new pocket monsters running around the augmented reality world of "Pokémon GO," Niantic also reportedly intends to improve the gameplay experience with the update.
It is believed that the studio will introduce player-vs.-players battles as well as player trading in "Pokémon GO." Players will also have to employ new techniques in training their Pokemon.
"We've said in the past that trading is coming, and player-versus-player battling is something that we talk a lot about internally, and I think it very much is within the spirit of Pokémon Go," Niantic CEO Jon Hanke told Recode back in September. "So it's possible you'll see that as well," he went on to say.
Niantic is expected to unleash all that to "Pokémon GO" in December, which would be a perfect gift to players for the holidays and an appropriate way to start a brand new year.
Just recently, Niantic added Ditto to the mix for its Thanksgiving celebration. He is one of the most requested original Pokemon and now, players will be able to finally get one.
Ditto's specialty is mimicking the appearance and the fighting style of its opponent, so players are encouraged to catch as many Pokemon as possible as one could be Ditto in disguise.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Gaming for God: New card game asks the Church 'what is mission?'
- Top musicians are to sing all 150 Psalms in one weekend. What can this teach our world today?
- Was this Catholic cardinal a saint or a pro-Nazi war criminal?
- Canon: How a Bible card game is helping students learn how Scripture began
- Diagnosed with cancer, this Christian got through it by praying and painting Jesus' last day on earth
- The face of Christ? Turin Shroud does contain the blood of a torture victim, research suggests
- Would-be bride turns canceled $30,000 wedding reception into banquet for the homeless
- How the least perfect people are sometimes the most important for God's plan
- Pope Francis makes surprise call to rubbish collector who lost both his legs in collision
- Prince William and Kate meet Salvation Army anti-trafficking worker in Poland
- How this passionate Christian from Samaritan's Purse is helping to save lives in war-torn northern Iraq
- You aren't coming through here: Nuns build chapel to block fracking gas pipeline
- ISIS receipt surfaces in Mosul for sale of 20-year-old woman to jihadi for $1,500
- 16-year-old Christian boy is the latest victim of Pakistan's blasphemy law