Pokémon Go rumors: more Ash hats and new Gym mechanics?
An accidental leak revealed Niantic's next "Pokémon Go" event, which will commemorate 20 years of all things Pokémon, news reports say.
Japanese cinema chain TOHO has released a short new marketing video featuring the series' iconic electric Pokémon, Pikachu, the Daily Star reports. In the video, Pikachu approaches a PokéStop, taps it, then from it flow various items including several standard Pokéballs, the TOHO logo, and Ash's hat.
The news outlet speculates that this reveal might mean Niantic might increase the number of encounters with Ash-hat wearing Pikachus.
There are six different hats available for players of "Pokémon Sun" and "Pokémon Moon:" the original hat that Ash wore, and hats for Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Alola regions. Players can acquire these by pre-ordering tickets for the 20th Pokémon movie that will be shown in July, the Express notes.
If Niantic follows this trend, it would mean that Pokémon Go players will get the opportunity to catch six different Pikachus in addition to the standard non-hat-wearing one.
Also, although it's less likely to happen, the Daily Star speculates that Niantic might add a "limited edition hat" for players to add to their respective avatars.
This comes as a precursor to Pokémon's 20th year anniversary, coming in a few weeks' time.
TOHO itself says it has entered into an agreement to collaborate with Niantic for Pokémon Go. Through this agreement, all TOHO cinemas will appear as in-game PokéStops.
If Pokémon Go will indeed have six new Ash-hat-wearing Pikachus in the game, the Pokémon Go++ spoofers will easily catch them, and also receive Ash hats from PokéStops, without even leaving home. Thankfully, an upcoming update will balance the game by taking the hack out.
By doing this, Niantic will help players walk more and get healthier – all the more as Legendary Pokémon are arriving this year, and so expect a lot of walking and going around.
An upcoming update might also include changes in Gym mechanics. The good guys at the Pokémon Go Hub say that Niantic might introduce a Combat Power rebalance, and some Team play mechanics, including Team Territories and Team Objectives. Should Niantic develop this, players will soon get to enjoy great PVP.
After the huge success of the Pope's TED talk, here are five more to inspire you.
Christians often implore each other to 'pray for our leaders', but what is good leadership? The Bible doesn't feature democracies or political elections, but it has plenty of leaders: pharoahs, kings and emperors to name a few. Scripture has much wisdom and warning for such figures. Here are 11 Bible verses about leadership.
- President Trump's first 100 days: What has he achieved so far?
- Can Pope Francis do anything to help Egypt's Christians?
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 review: an atheist's God from beyond the stars
- What did Jesus mean when he said 'I am the vine'?
- Five inspiring TED talks you should watch this weekend
- 'He gives wisdom to the wise': 11 Bible verses about leadership
- Christians aren't reading the Bible. Why not, and what can we do about it?
- Pope Francis: Lust for power is like drinking gin on an empty stomach
- Ever feel people don't like you? Maybe it's a spiritual gift
- Pope, at Cairo Mass, urges unity against fanaticism
- Saudi Arabia 'not paying its fair share' towards defence, says Trump
- German finance minister warns: No free lunch for Britain in Brexit negotiations
- Pentagon admits friendly fire may have killed US troops in Afghanistan
- Executed man was 'coughing and convulsing', lawyer calls for probe
- North Korea test-fires ballistic missile in defiance of world pressure