Pokémon Go rumors: more Ash hats and new Gym mechanics?
An accidental leak revealed Niantic's next "Pokémon Go" event, which will commemorate 20 years of all things Pokémon, news reports say.
Japanese cinema chain TOHO has released a short new marketing video featuring the series' iconic electric Pokémon, Pikachu, the Daily Star reports. In the video, Pikachu approaches a PokéStop, taps it, then from it flow various items including several standard Pokéballs, the TOHO logo, and Ash's hat.
The news outlet speculates that this reveal might mean Niantic might increase the number of encounters with Ash-hat wearing Pikachus.
There are six different hats available for players of "Pokémon Sun" and "Pokémon Moon:" the original hat that Ash wore, and hats for Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Alola regions. Players can acquire these by pre-ordering tickets for the 20th Pokémon movie that will be shown in July, the Express notes.
If Niantic follows this trend, it would mean that Pokémon Go players will get the opportunity to catch six different Pikachus in addition to the standard non-hat-wearing one.
Also, although it's less likely to happen, the Daily Star speculates that Niantic might add a "limited edition hat" for players to add to their respective avatars.
This comes as a precursor to Pokémon's 20th year anniversary, coming in a few weeks' time.
TOHO itself says it has entered into an agreement to collaborate with Niantic for Pokémon Go. Through this agreement, all TOHO cinemas will appear as in-game PokéStops.
If Pokémon Go will indeed have six new Ash-hat-wearing Pikachus in the game, the Pokémon Go++ spoofers will easily catch them, and also receive Ash hats from PokéStops, without even leaving home. Thankfully, an upcoming update will balance the game by taking the hack out.
By doing this, Niantic will help players walk more and get healthier – all the more as Legendary Pokémon are arriving this year, and so expect a lot of walking and going around.
An upcoming update might also include changes in Gym mechanics. The good guys at the Pokémon Go Hub say that Niantic might introduce a Combat Power rebalance, and some Team play mechanics, including Team Territories and Team Objectives. Should Niantic develop this, players will soon get to enjoy great PVP.
Church mom with special needs son goes viral with heartbreaking plea to teach kids about differences
Stacey Jackson Gagnon says she had to take her special needs son out of a recent children's church session because the reaction to his appearance from other kids was so bad. But it's the parents she's upset with, not the kids.
The offensive video shows parents laughing as their kids express revulsion at the very idea and even shows one mom encouraging her young daughter to hold a vibrating dildo.
- Is Justin Bieber quitting world tour to start his own church?
- Why we must open them every day: our 5-point plan to save Britain's churches
- Godfulness: What the Church can learn from a new (but old) kind of meditation
- What did Jesus mean when he condemned those who make children 'stumble'?
- Amazing Grace: 7 quotes from the slaver-turned-preacher John Newton
- WANTED: Christian coders, techies and creatives. The CofE is inviting you to its first 'digital lab'
- Already worrying about Halloween and 'trick-or-treat'? This Christian charity has answers
- Pioneer ministry: How a new generation of ministers is changing the face of mission
- How Christian and other faith communities are rebuilding trust in times of crisis
- Stage is set for the end times, believes John Hagee
- Israel removes metal detectors from Jerusalem mosque following bloody clashes; Palestine demands further repeal
- Anglican leader in Jamaica breaks ranks by calling for legalisation of sodomy
- Islamist militants in Kenya went house to house killing Christians
- Vatican shuts down fountains amid Italy drought, in line with Pope Francis' environment teachings
- Victory for campaigners as US judge blocks attempt to deport Iraqi Christians