Pokebank release date for US and UK Pokemon community outside of Japan may be announced today
The re-launch date of the Pokemon Bank service, dubbed Pokebank, is expected to be announced by Nintendo today. According to the game developer support team, the games company is expected to announce the new release date today, although no official word has been given by Nintendo since the failed launch of Pokebank on December 27, 2013.
The Pokebank service, which lets users bring previous Pokeman versions to the latest Pokemon X & Y and allows players to deposit Pokemans, failed horribly when Nintendo's eShop crashed due to high traffic to its servers.
The eShop is reportedly fixed and Nintendo is still said to be testing out servers so the servers will not crash again at the time of relaunch.
Users in the US and UK are still waiting for any word from Nintendo regarding the relaunch date.
A bogus release date circulated Twitter recently, with one user tweeting that the Pokemon Bank will be released on February 29, 2014. This date does not exist, as the month of February this month is only 28 days long.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Gaming for God: New card game asks the Church 'what is mission?'
- Top musicians are to sing all 150 Psalms in one weekend. What can this teach our world today?
- Was this Catholic cardinal a saint or a pro-Nazi war criminal?
- Canon: How a Bible card game is helping students learn how Scripture began
- Diagnosed with cancer, this Christian got through it by praying and painting Jesus' last day on earth
- The face of Christ? Turin Shroud does contain the blood of a torture victim, research suggests
- Would-be bride turns canceled $30,000 wedding reception into banquet for the homeless
- How the least perfect people are sometimes the most important for God's plan
- Pope Francis makes surprise call to rubbish collector who lost both his legs in collision
- Prince William and Kate meet Salvation Army anti-trafficking worker in Poland
- How this passionate Christian from Samaritan's Purse is helping to save lives in war-torn northern Iraq
- You aren't coming through here: Nuns build chapel to block fracking gas pipeline
- ISIS receipt surfaces in Mosul for sale of 20-year-old woman to jihadi for $1,500
- 16-year-old Christian boy is the latest victim of Pakistan's blasphemy law