Pitt slams Aniston marriage in Esquire interview? "I was a bit of a drifter"
Brad Pitt inadvertently slammed his marriage to ex-wife Jennifer Aniston in an interview with Esquire magazine.
Pitt did not criticize Aniston, but rather himself, saying that he became dull to himself in the time he was married to her.
"For a long time I thought I did too much damage-drug damage," Pitt told Esquire in a recent interview. "I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I spent years ****ing off. But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago. It was an epiphany."
Pitt and Aniston were married for five years before splitting in 2005. Pitt had met Angelina Jolie on the set of "Mr. and Mrs Smith" and had since been romantically involved with the actress. The pair got engaged last year and share 6 children together.
In an interview with Parade magazine last year, Pitt praised Jolie for being a great mom. "One of the greatest, smartest things I ever did was give my kids Angie as their mom. She is such a great mom. Oh, man, I'm so happy to have her."
He continued: "I put much more emphasis on being a satisfied man. I'm satisfied with making true choices and finding the woman I love, Angie, and building a family that I love so much. A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss. That's the trade-off. But I'll take it all."
Jolie recently hit headlines after she revealed that she underwent a secret double mastectomy after learning that she was a carrier of the BRCA1 gene, which increased the chance of her getting breast cancer to 87 percent.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Why does Jesus refuse to help the Syro-Phoenician woman in Matthew 15?
- Why do people stop going to church – and what can we do about it?
- Christian pop singer Justin Bieber says, 'Thank God I'm not where I used to be'
- The faith perspective: How Psalm 33 speaks to our political reality
- London's fire-fighting bishop: Who was St Mellitus?
- Why does Jesus say 'If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven'?
- 'The Promise': An in-depth interview with the producer of this unmissable movie for Christians
- Security dominates French election after shooting
- St Anselm was one of the most influential Christians of the last 1,000 years. But who was he and what did he believe?
- Jewish and Muslim leaders warn against voting for 'dangerous' Marine Le Pen in French election
- Pope Francis issues video message to Egyptians, saying the world needs 'peace, love and mercy'
- Christian Pakistani family's 14-year old daughter kidnapped at gunpoint
- Can John Wesley teach us how to campaign in a general election?
- Who is the greatest Christian alive today?
- China bans religious names in ongoing crackdown