Cate Blanchett Oscars 2014 acceptance speech video for Best Actress Award win
UPDATE: Cate Blanchett WINS BEST ACTRESS
The 86th Annual Academy Awards took place tonight, and Cate Blanchett had been the talk of the town to win Best Actress award since last summer, beating Amy Adams, Sandra Bullocks, Judi Dench and Meryl Streep.
And tonight, Blanchett indeed won the Best Actress award.
Watch her acceptance speech below:
Cate Blanchett's performance in Blue Jasmine is mesmerizing and captivates the audience.
In Blue Jasmine, Blanchett plays a New York socialite who loses her mind after losing everything she had – wealth, husband, family and status. Her breakdown comes after finding out her husband's affair and his request for a divorce.
The Australian actress has already won dozens of awards for her role as Jeanette 'Jasmine' Francis, including the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role, BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role, and the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress - Motion Picture Drama.
Blanchett won the Academy Award for Best Supporting actress for her role as Katharine Hepburn in 2004 and she is expected to nab her second Oscars tonight.
The 2014 Oscars award ceremony took place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood Mar. 2, 2014.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- The faith perspective: How Psalm 33 speaks to our political reality
- London's fire-fighting bishop: Who was St Mellitus?
- Why does Jesus say 'If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven'?
- 'The Promise': An in-depth interview with the producer of this unmissable movie for Christians
- Security dominates French election after shooting
- St Anselm was one of the most influential Christians of the last 1,000 years. But who was he and what did he believe?
- Are Trump-supporting evangelicals isolating themselves from the unchurched they want to reach?
- 'The Selfish Gospel': Why salvation isn't all about me
- Who are the Jehovah's Witnesses? 5 things you should know
- Archaeologists uncover ancient Viking settlement underneath historic church ruins in Norway
- Many believe Ethiopia was the first country to accept Christianity – now for some it is being outlawed
- No bullet-proof glass for Pope Francis on Egypt visit
- Is this the oldest surviving image of the Virgin Mary?
- France now has a clear choice – which way will it turn?
- Persecuted Guatemalan pastor wins prestigious award for protecting his community