Miss USA 2013 Winner is Miss Connecticut Erin Brady [VIDEO]
The winner of 2013 Miss USA pageant is Miss Alabama Mary Margaret McCord, and Miss Connecticut Erin Brady.
Miss USA 2012 Nana Meriwether handed the crown to Erin Brady, who was among the top six contestants in tonight's pageant.
Fifth runner up is Miss South Carolina. Fourth runner up is Miss Texas. Third runner up is Miss Utah. Second runner up is Miss Illinois. First runner up is Miss Alabama.
The contestants narrowed down to the top 5 finalists throughout the two-hour competition are: Miss Utah Marissa Powell, Miss Alabama Mary Margaret McCord, Miss Illinois Stacie Juris, Miss South Carolina Megan Pinckney and Miss Connecticut Erin Brady.
However, one more contestant, Miss Texas Ali Nugent, was added on as the sixth finalist based on viewers' tweets.
The finalists were narrowed down from the top 15 contestants revealed at the beginning of the pageant tonight.
The top 15 are: Miss Texas Ali Nugent, Miss Ohio Kristin Smith, Miss Louisiana Kristen Gerault, Miss South Carolina Megan Pinckney, Miss Pennsylvania Jessica Billings, Miss Alabama Mary Margaret McCord, Miss Massachusetts Sarah Kidd, Miss California Maybelynn Capeluj, Miss North Carolina Ashley Love-Mills, Miss West Virginia Chelsea Welch, Miss Maryland Kasey Staniszewski, Miss Illinois Stacie Juris, Miss Nevada Chelsea Caswell, Miss Connecticut Erin Brady and Miss Utah Marissa Powell.
The 62nd annual pageant kicked off at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino n Las Vegas at 9 p.m. ET.
Last year's winner Olivia Culpo won the Miss Universe 2012 pageant. Pageant protocol forced Culpo to "resign" from her post as Miss USA, which meant runner-up Nana Meriwether took over the crown. Tonight's pageant will see Meriwether handing her crown to her successor.
Judges for the competition are: Bob Harper from "The Biggest Loser", designer Betsey Johnson, "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star NeNe Leakes, "Hot in Cleveland" star Wendie Malick, "Duck Dynasty" star Jessica Robertson, NFL star Larry Fitzgerald, former WWE Diva Nikki Bella, correspondent Mo Rocca and singer Christina Milian.
The Miss USA competition was created in 1952 and is part of the Miss Universe Organization, which is owned by Donald Trump and NBC.
Click here for the full list, photos and profile of contestants.
See below for a video of Erin Brady below.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Sun, snow and storms: What role does weather play in the Bible?
- Sermon of the Year winner: 'God in the dark'
- Why 'The Benedict Option' is a good option for Christians
- We have them for schools and universities. Why not a league table for churches?
- Should I care about Martin Luther's 95 Theses?
- A martyr for our moment: 3 lessons from the radical Christian sacrifice of St Alban
- Cathedrals in crisis? Three ways we could support their growing ministry
- Most religious groups support gay marriage - with the exception of white evangelical Christians
- One reason your church may not be growing – and five things that might help
- Christian school warned: Don't teach Bible passages that are 'offensive' to LGBT people
- Reports say 100 Christians may be hostages in Philippines battle between army and Islamist rebels
- Oil tanker explosion kills more than 120 in Pakistan
- 34 Tower blocks have failed fire safety checks across the country
- Landslide buries mountain village in southwest China, fears for 141 people
- Trump, Putin and Erdogan behave like autocratic rulers - Germany's Schulz