'Marco Polo' season 3 release date, rumors: Benedict Wong reprises role of Kublai Khan; Joan Cheng returns as Empress Chabi
Next season on "Marco Polo," Benedict Wong will return as the emperor of the Mongolian Empire Kublai Khan after he requested for a pay increase. Fans can also expect Empress Chabi, played by Joan Chen, to return alongside Kublai as they rule over their empire.
Benedict Wong has asked for a salary increase before agreeing to reprise his role as Kublai Khan in season 3 of "Marco Polo," Game N Guide reports. Fans have witnessed an exceptional performance from Wong as Kublai, making him deserving of a raise in pay. Netflix has not yet confirmed an approval of Wong's request, but it is most likely that it will be given to him due to the importance of his character in the show.
When production for season 3 of "Marco Polo" begins, Wong will be caught up between the series schedule and the filming of "Doctor Strange." This schedule conflict might affect the production of "Marco Polo" season 3, and the team may have to adjust to Wong's tight schedule.
Joan Chen will also be returning for the series' third season, as she shared in an interview with Northwest Asian Weekly how she fell in love with the role of Empress Chabi. She revealed that the character of Chabi called to her, giving her the chance to portray a powerful character that is not stereotypical to how women were viewed in the time setting of "Marco Polo."
Chen explains, "Mongols really valued queens as much as kings. In a way, queens had equal power to them, and that gave me the initial idea on how to create the character. Chabi isn't on the battlefield, but she's not shy about offering advice and expressing her opinion."
The release date of "Marco Polo" season 3 has not yet been confirmed, but its performance with the viewers indicates that it will not be cancelled. Netflix quoted an independent analytics company — Parrot Analytics — saying that "Marco Polo" ranked number 2 in the most-watched original digital series. Across all platforms, "Marco Polo" also prevailed as the 10th most-watched series according to its ratings.
Fans can expect "Marco Polo" season 3 to premiere in 2017.
When a filmmaker calls a monster Calvin, they know exactly what they're doing.
Everybody is keen to see Jinger Duggar pregnant now that she is happily married to soccer player Jeremy Vuolo.
- Generous leadership: What Moses has to teach pastors today
- The profound Christian faith of Vincent van Gogh
- You can transform the world through love: here's how
- The hidden crisis facing Iraq's refugees – their medicines have run out
- Tribes, tensions and gay marriage: What's the future for the Church of England?
- 'Life' might just be the most anti-Christian movie you'll see this year
- 'People all over the world are praying for you': Billy Graham chaplains help those affected by London terror
- 'Love divine, all loves excelling': 7 inspiring hymns by Charles Wesley
- How do evil spirits work? Can we inherit them from our ancestors?
- After London's terror attack, should I still evangelise my Muslim neighbour?
- Mother of Palestinian shot by Israeli forces last year in Jerusalem is also killed
- Pastor prays for Lazarus-style miracle that dead wife will be resurrected by God
- Christian President of Lebanon controversially declares Christians are 'no longer in direct danger' in Middle East
- Judge throws out class action against Christian group brought by LGBT activists
- Q&A explainer: Why are ultra-Orthodox Jews protesting in Jerusalem against the State of Israel?