Manchester United vs Sunderland live stream: Watch online Capital One Cup Semi Final First Leg; free for beIN Sports Subscribers
Manchester United will play Sunderland in the Capital One Cup Semi-Final, First Leg on Tuesday night at the Stadium of Light, as the home team look to add to United's woes.
Today's big game is scheduled to start at 7.45 p.m. BST (2.45 p.m. EST) and can be watched online through live stream – free for subscribers to beIN Sports – via the link provided below.
Manchester United's season is going from bad to worse, as their stumbling Premier League form spilled out into the FA Cup at the weekend. The Red Devils were knocked out of the FA Cup by Swansea on Sunday, and although there is not a fully blown disaster at Old Trafford, there will be a number of eye brows raised as to why manager David Moyes has still not managed to get his team clicking.
With United lying a lowly 7th in the Premier League table, this Capital One Cup is probably their only realistic chances of a title this season – not many hold much hope of them winning the Champions League in their current form.
David Moyes never won a trophy at Everton, and he is finding it a tough ask to fill Sir Alex Ferguson's boots. Even though those at Old Trafford have been patient so far, it would be ignorant to think results like the loss against Swansea do not hurt, and there are only so many losses the fans can accept until they start to turn.
To their credit that has not happened yet, and if Moyes can get them to a cup final – even though it's only the Capital One Cup – it would provide a bit of relief on him and provide some hope for fans waiting for Moyes' style to kick in with the team.
Today's game between Sunderland and Manchester United will kick off at 7.45 p.m. BST and can be watched online by clicking here.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Sun, snow and storms: What role does weather play in the Bible?
- Sermon of the Year winner: 'God in the dark'
- Why 'The Benedict Option' is a good option for Christians
- We have them for schools and universities. Why not a league table for churches?
- Should I care about Martin Luther's 95 Theses?
- A martyr for our moment: 3 lessons from the radical Christian sacrifice of St Alban
- Cathedrals in crisis? Three ways we could support their growing ministry
- Most religious groups support gay marriage - with the exception of white evangelical Christians
- One reason your church may not be growing – and five things that might help
- Reports say 100 Christians may be hostages in Philippines battle between army and Islamist rebels
- Oil tanker explosion kills more than 120 in Pakistan
- 34 Tower blocks have failed fire safety checks across the country
- Landslide buries mountain village in southwest China, fears for 141 people
- Trump, Putin and Erdogan behave like autocratic rulers - Germany's Schulz
- Chile's President asks forgiveness from indigenous Mapuche ahead of Pope visit