Kansas sinkhole VIDEO, PHOTOS: 200 ft wide, 90 ft deep giant sinkhole continues to grow, attracts curious locals

Video Screenshot

A sinkhole in Kansas continues to grow even after swallowing a pasture.

The sinkhole, which measures more than 200 feet across and 90 feet deep, has swallowed a pasture belonging to local Dalton Hoss in the West Kansas town of Sharon Springs.

The sinkhole was found by his brother. Hoss said: "Actually, my brother found it. He called me up and his voice was quaking and he said, 'You'll never believe what I just saw.'"

Residents near the sinkhole in Wallace County have been warned to be vigilant and be on alert for any danger after a massive field was swallowed.

Officials are not sure yet as to what is causing the huge sinkhole to swallow up so much land. No digging or irrigation wells are near the region.

A local police officer told KWCH-TV: "Man had nothing to do with this. This is a God thing. There's no oil well around here, there are no irrigation wells anywhere near. This is something that just happened."

Large cracks are continuing to spread and grow outwards from the sinkhole. There is growing concern that any structures near the sinkhole can collapse at any time.

Although there are no reported injuries from the sinkhole, many curious local residents are visiting the sinkhole to get a glimpse of the growing hole. The increasing number of people visiting is becoming a concern as officials worry that they may get injured if they get too close to it.

"I'd seen pictures and I knew it was deep, but I didn't think it was this deep," said local resident Gavin Mote. "You get out here and you get a whole different perspective on how deep it is."

Another resident, Virgil Fisher, asked, "How can this happen? What happened to what was below?"

The town sheriff has warned people to stay away and admitted that he does not know when the sinkhole will stop expanding.

Sinkholes are common across the United States but sometimes they be very dangerous. Earlier this year, a sinkhole opened up in a Florida home, which swallowed and killed him while he was sleeping in his bedroom.